Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Project Update - April 9, 2015

What has been accomplished during the first quarter of 2015:
  • CodeIgniter 3.0.0 has been released Big Grin
  • The CI community has stepped up to help, with numerous issues resolved on github - thank you!
  • The CI3 user guide now has dual navigation, providing the familiar drop-down TOC for those who prefer it.
  • The CI3 system messages translations is in sync with the framework, and we now have 34 languages provided for.
  • Our forum has come to life ... over 2500 users, 1200 threads and 6000 posts. The archived forum content from EllisLab has been migrated to our forum, adding another 60K threads and 320K historical posts.
  • We sponsored a Winter 2015 University Capstone Opensource Projects (UCOSP) team, with four university students from across Canada contributing to CI. We have the start of a NetBeans8 plugin for CI3, from this, and they also added to our unit testing Smile
  • The pilot of my online course is pretty much complete ... lots of lessons learned, and lots of work to do before unleashing it.
What is in progress as spring begins:
  • The CI council is working on the framework roadmap and process. These are likely to focus on CI4, as that is what we want to build on for the next few years.
  • We have opened up a CodeIgniter 4 subforum, to focus discussion & debate - it should prove lively!
  • We are cleaning up the user guide links in source and on the website
What is planned for the second quarter of 2015:
  • We plan to hold another "office hour" or two, scheduled on IRC; it is looking like these will be quarterly, and not monthly :-S Check the events subforum for more information.
  • We would like to add to the core developer team - looking for ability, dedication, thoroughness.
Thank you, the CodeIgniter community, for your support and engagement!
"The future's not set. There's no fate but what we make for ourselves."
James Parry
Project Lead

Many thanks for the update. Keep doing good job.

perfect, i am going to love CI community as CI itself , and CI4 subforum and members ideas is very good decision,
ressan.ir
CI is nice Heart

Thank you for the updates James. Keep up the good work CI dev team. :-)
Share what you know,
Learn what you don't

Tks for CI dev team.

Already using it in 3 projects.

(This post was last modified: 04-10-2015, 01:27 PM by jasonzig.)

I'm building out a custom commercial application in CI3, and VERY happy with it so far after using CI since 2007 for other projects. I'm planning to develop more projects with CI in the future.

James, I cannot adequately express the gratitude I feel toward you and the others involved in rebooting CodeIgniter as a viable framework! Thank you SO much!

I'm very excited to hear about the coming Netbeans plugin, by the way!

Keep up the great work!

(Using CodeIgniter since 1.x)

Go ahead CI.
The largest Bengali tutorial site on Web Development in this planet

(04-09-2015, 09:51 AM)jlp Wrote:
  • The pilot of my online course is pretty much complete ... lots of lessons learned, and lots of work to do before unleashing it.
I'm interested in this if it isn't too expensive!

thanx for the update. keep up the good work man

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB