Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 2 EOL - October 2015

CI2 has basically been in maintenance mode since 2011
CI2 has basically been in maintenance mode since 2011

You made your point twice. I am reciprocating Smile

Seriously, there may be one more security update, but I don't see more than that.
Security fixes seem to be the only thing submitted for CI2 on github in recent memory, and many of them don't apply because of the older version of PHP that CI2 is tied to.

CI2 is stable, and there is nothing wrong with continuing to use it. We are not actively enhancing it.

Because of this announcement, I decided to update my Community Auth application for use with CI3. Updating was pretty easy, and I decided to change Community Auth quite a bit. It's no longer going to be supplied with an example application, except for the essentials. I'm also putting it all inside of a third party package, so it'll be easier to drop into an existing application.

New repo is currently locked, but hope to be finished within a week, and then I'll unlock it.

will the 2.x forums remain here for future reference?

i'm about 80% done with a project rewrite that uses 2 and have used these forums extensively (as well as the old sites' stuff). and i would hate to lose this as a resource. if i wasn't as far along as I am, I'm certain that i would use 3. too far gone to change now. maybe next version will entail a rewrite.
OM...

-------------------------
And on the pedestal these words appear:
'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

The CodeIgniter 2.x forum (http://forum.codeigniter.com/forum-18.html) will be here for future reference.
Additionally, all of the old EllisLab forum posts have been archived here, at the bottom of the main forum index page.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB