Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
cookie and native session driver deprecated?

Hello,

Sorry if I am asking something repeated, but I couldn't found anything related to this question.

I've never implemented sessions, due to the previous site where I used CI being built upon xenforo, and so, it uses it for any authentication and session.

Im starting another site that I am going to use codeigniter 3.0. I've made a simple search from google and found 3.0-dev documentation without noticing it, and it seemed the native or the cookie driver would make most sense. However, after noticing it was not the final documentation, I went to check the 3.0 documentation, and found that both cookie and native are deprecated.

Is there any big reason why? Storing the session data in both a database or files seems highly ineficient. Am I seeing this wrong? What would be the choice that would give best performance with concurrent users? Or am I viewing this wrong and it will be completely negligible?

Thank you for the help.

They are not deprecated, but completely removed ... and "native" sessions is (by default) the equivalent of the current 'files' driver.

Please read the link below for the "big reason" Smile

http://www.codeigniter.com/userguide3/li...oncurrency

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB