Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Question CI Performance Databases 1000+ User

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2015, 08:44 AM by wolfgang1983.)

Hi all,

I have a question If I were to have lets say 1000+ users and I create a table with pagination, what is the performance like? would caching help speed it up?

I am just planing for future. I am also going to be creating a super rugby picks system after done main CMS system which I am doing now.

I do not want to use datatables I am trying to use in house codeigniter stuff as much as possible.

Cheers.
There's only one rule - please don't tell anyone to go and read the manual.  Sometimes the manual just SUCKS!

i don't think this should be a problem - i took a quick look @ one of my projects
average response was about 120 ms for a table with 952 Users with 10 or 25 rows
I'm using datatables with an ajax call

if you come up with time issues - i think it isn't a CI related subject rather than a query subject or an index problem in your db

(This post was last modified: 05-12-2015, 10:27 AM by CroNiX.)

Yes, that will come down to how optimized your database is, whether it has appropriate indexes on columns, and the queries used. I have millions of records in about 30 tables for a large site and queries take a few milliseconds. An index for your primary ID in each table won't be nearly enough.

The performance problems won't really show up until you have a lot of records to sort through. Without indexes, mysql has to scan the entire table to find what you're searching for. Indexes fix that like a index in a book, by telling mysql which rows contain the relevant information so it knows where to look rather than having to inspect every row. The larger the db grows, the more important it is to have it properly indexed. You'd want to index all fields that you ORDER BY, GROUP BY, JOIN on.

(05-12-2015, 08:44 AM)riwakawd Wrote: I have a question If I were to have lets say 1000+ users and I create a table with pagination, what is the performance like? would caching help speed it up?
Hi,
1,000 users is not that much at all, if you are worried about database performance.

I'm working for a crowd-sourced testing company, all our in-house software is built with CodeIgniter, and unless it's something very silly we've done, there are hardly any performance issues at all.

To give a scope, we have about 10,000 user accounts, 120,000 issue records, 200,000 test case steps, so that's the number of rows in specific tables.

If you are talking about having HTML with 1K users, I would suggest either AJAX or hard linking to different pages.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB