Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular HMVC - Libraries on Steroids [Updated x3]

[eluser]Sam Dark[/eluser]
Quote:It grabs the first two URI segments to determine what module to load and what function to call.
Bad Approach! What if I have some custom routes where urls are not default? I've solved this problem but the way I did is really crazy. It works but I don't think it's the right way Wink

[eluser]Edemilson Lima[/eluser]
I think that approach is right, because is up to the controller to call the right module and function. Yes, you can have a mess with your routes, but only if you don't define very well the structure of your application.

Quote:The module then grabs any data from the remaining URI segemnts and does its thing. thats HMVC

Can I have a module inside another module, which is inside another one and all modules will grab the right URI segments nicely?

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Quote:Bad Approach! What if I have some custom routes where urls are not default?
@Sam: CodeIgniter does the exact same thing to find which controller to load. So it can't be all bad.

Quote:Can I have a module inside another module, which is inside another one?
@Edmilison: Modules can load other modules so it's up to your imagination I guess. Wink

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
This thread has been superseded
New details can be found here: http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/72123/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB