Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Looking for better Auth class

Hi since one week i'm creating a new cms (actually it's a new branch of one existent cms) using CI3, but the problem is that "flexi auth" class i'm using cause me some tromble... i discovered that this class is not using db prefix for SQL internal "where" clause (without using $this->db->where for example), but also, it's seems to be difficult to handle since the CMS should be able to manager errors and so on.
That's my question, is there any ACTIVE auth class which can me simply merged to an application ?

By that way i would like to get your point of views over Tendoo CMS 1.5 branch development.
Thanks you.
NexoPOS 2.6.2 available on CodeCanyon.

(06-06-2015, 10:04 AM)Blair2004 Wrote: Hi since one week i'm creating a new cms (actually it's a new branch of one existent cms) using CI3, but the problem is that "flexi auth" class i'm using cause me some tromble... i discovered that this class is not using db prefix for SQL internal "where" clause (without using $this->db->where for example), but also, it's seems to be difficult to handle since the CMS should be able to manager errors and so on.
That's my question, is there any ACTIVE auth class which can me simply merged to an application ?

By that way i would like to get your point of views over Tendoo CMS 1.5 branch development.
Thanks you.

Hi,

perhaps you can try Ion Auth

(06-06-2015, 10:04 AM)Blair2004 Wrote: Hi since one week i'm creating a new cms (actually it's a new branch of one existent cms) using CI3, but the problem is that "flexi auth" class i'm using cause me some tromble... i discovered that this class is not using db prefix for SQL internal "where" clause (without using $this->db->where for example), but also, it's seems to be difficult to handle since the CMS should be able to manager errors and so on.

While I can't be of much help with finding a new auth library, I wanted to point out that when using Query Builder methods (like $this->db->where()), Query Builder itself is supposed to handle the db prefix.

I'm pretty sure that flexi auth is based on ion auth, so you might not like ion auth. I like my own auth, which is Community Auth, but you won't know unless you check it out, it does use a do tables config, so you could essentially name the tables anything you want.

I have created an authorization, template, and navigation set of libraries, controllers, and views that can help you out. 

(I had the same issue with flexi-auth when I moved to 3.0.)

This was designed specifically for CodeIgniter 3.0 and I use them in all of my own CodeIgniter applications so I continually update it. This library was built from the ground up and not forked from another repository. The examples are using the popular bootstrap css.

The navigation is data driven and I have almost completed a drag and drop menu designer and admin controller to make it even easier to setup the navigation component.

The navigation is built into the template class so that it is easy to throw up a shell application complete with navigation, authorization, header and footer that will show on every page.

You can get it here:
https://github.com/barnent1/ciauth

Any developers who like this project please feel free to contribute.

I plan to keep adding to this and making it even better. It needs good documentation.

If you have any questions about it you can email me.

The demo site is at http://www.ciauth.com

Please know that this is version 1.0 and though I have used it on several projects you may have to tweak areas. If you find an issue please put it in the issues section on Github. I will fix it. And if you fix something please contribute it to the repo.

Hope this helps you out,
Glen Barnhardt

(07-13-2015, 07:31 AM)barnent1 Wrote: I have created an authorization, template, and navigation set of libraries, controllers, and views that can help you out. 

This was designed specifically for CodeIgniter 3.0 and I use them in all of my own CodeIgniter applications so I continually update it. This library was built from the ground up and not forked from another repository. The examples are using the popular bootstrap css.

The navigation is data driven and I have almost completed a drag and drop menu designer and admin controller to make it even easier to setup the navigation component.

The navigation is built into the template class so that it is easy to throw up a shell application complete with navigation, authorization, header and footer that will show on every page.

You can get it here:

I plan to keep adding to this and making it even better. It needs good documentation.

Please know that this is version 1.0 and though I have used it on several projects you may have to tweak areas. If you find an issue please put it in the issues section on Github. I will fix it. And if you fix something please contribute it to the repo.

Hope this helps you out,
Glen Barnhardt

I tried to login on your demo site:

Code:
A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'admin' in 'field list'

SELECT `user_id`, `password`, `admin` FROM `ciauth_user_accounts` WHERE `username` = '[email protected]' OR `email` = '[email protected]'

Filename: models/M_ciauth.php

Line Number: 70

(07-13-2015, 12:57 PM)skunkbad Wrote:
(07-13-2015, 07:31 AM)barnent1 Wrote: I have created an authorization, template, and navigation set of libraries, controllers, and views that can help you out. 

You can get it here:

Hope this helps you out,
Glen Barnhardt

I tried to login on your demo site:

Code:
A Database Error Occurred

Error Number: 1054

Unknown column 'admin' in 'field list'

SELECT `user_id`, `password`, `admin` FROM `ciauth_user_accounts` WHERE `username` = '[email protected]' OR `email` = '[email protected]'

Filename: models/M_ciauth.php

Line Number: 70
Hi skunkbad,

The Demo site is still being developed. So I do expect areas not to be fully functional yet. I'll see if I can't get the registration/login stuff all updated on the demo site in the next day.

It all works great it just isn't all implemented on the demo site yet.

Thanks,
Glen

Thanks for all your replies

CodeIgniter Aauth https://github.com/emreakay/CodeIgniter-Aauth, has been integrated as default module on Tendoo 1.5 branch https://github.com/Blair2004/tendoo-cms/...e139e9cf0d

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB