Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter 3 Ucfirst Controllers

Yeah userguide is clear. And also wrong. Filenames does NOT have to be uppercase on Windows and OSX. That's where all this confusion lies. Inconsistent behaviour across multiple operating systems. It works fine on Windows, but not on Linux. Frankly, I don't think this change was warranted. It currently brings zero benefits. I'm also not so sure how it makes easier implementation of autoloader since now multiple parts of application have different case convention and autoloader should care only for namespaces anyway.

(06-19-2015, 04:22 AM)gadelat Wrote: Yeah userguide is clear. And also wrong. Filenames does NOT have to be uppercase on Windows and OSX. That's where all this confusion lies. Inconsistent behaviour across multiple operating systems. It works fine on Windows, but not on Linux. Frankly, I don't think this change was warranted. It currently brings zero benefits. I'm also not so sure how it makes easier implementation of autoloader since now multiple parts of application have different case convention and autoloader should care only for namespaces anyway.

The fact that Windows file-systems are case-insensitive doesn't make the user guide wrong, it's just written in a way that guarantees you can run the code anywhere. And there are no "different case conventions" now, all classes are Ucfirst and that's it.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB