Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI in a Linux environment setup

(This post was last modified: 10-25-2019, 04:19 AM by John_Betong.)

Perhaps I was not too clear...

You mentioned that there are some old projects working ok. The idea was to copy the system path from the old working projects and to use the path in your new project - which is not working.

The two paths in my previous post were examples from my system.

Also in my system I have 'public_html' appended to my config path but not on my live server:

$config['base_url'] = 'http://localhost/20190916Bibliotecas/';

The old projects that are working are not using CI, it's just html, css, bootstrap and jQuery.

My config base url is already like you posted.

It looks like the index.php $system path is incorrect. Correct this error and if it does not work, check the error logs.

(10-27-2019, 06:00 AM)John_Betong Wrote: It looks like the index.php $system path is incorrect. Correct this error and if it does not work, check the error logs.

Good morning.

In my opt/lampp/htdocs/20190916Bibliotecas/index.php my $system_path is:

Code:
    $system_path = 'system';
If I'm not mistaken this is default value since I haven't changed it.

logs from application/logs are the same
Code:
<?php defined('BASEPATH') OR exit('No direct script access allowed'); ?>

DEBUG - 27-10-2019 12:00:59 --> UTF-8 Support Enabled
DEBUG - 27-10-2019 12:01:00 --> Global POST, GET and COOKIE data sanitized
ERROR - 27-10-2019 12:01:00 --> 404 Page Not Found: /index

Hope you have a nice day Smile

The $system needs to point to the Codeigniter system directory.

Where is CodeIgniter installed and what version have you installed?

(10-28-2019, 01:42 AM)John_Betong Wrote: The $system needs to point to the Codeigniter system directory.

Where is CodeIgniter installed and what version have you installed?

As far as I know CI is inside the folder project that's why I asked if possible you could test to download my project and run it.

I have version 3.1.1 installed inside 20190916Bibliotecas there's everything, this is from a template we created in class where everytime we create a new project I just need to edit application/config, .htaccess in the root folder, and scripts.js from the scripts folder just to point in the correct URL, something like: http://localhost/20190916Bibliotecas/, as I said I just copy this folder and every other projet which contains CI and they're working fine on my windows partitions.

>>> As far as I know CI is inside the folder project that's why I asked if possible you could test to download my project and run it.

I am unable to download your system directory unless the folder is zipped and a link supplied. Please also include the index.php and .htaccess file and I will try to install on both my localhost and online.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2019, 01:49 AM by esle.)

Hello John everything is in the .zip I uploaded and mentioned in my first post since I posted in this thread:

I provide once again with the .zip
https://we.tl/t-me9F2Obn7g (WeTransfer) if you have any problem with this platform please let me know I'll upload it somewhere else.

(This post was last modified: 10-29-2019, 07:29 AM by John_Betong.)

I had big problems with the source because I think it is has been converted to Spanish.

Anyway some good news, I downloaded the source and made some changes:
1. modified application/config/config.php
2. modified application/config/routes.php
3. added application/controllers/Welcome.php
4. added application/views/welcome_message.php
5. download, unzip and add and/or replace the current files
6. calling index.php should open the view welcome_message.php file

// DEBUG - enable logging
1. make sure the index.php ENVIRONMENT is set to 'development'
2. modify application/config.php and change these two lines:
a. $config['log_threshold'] = 'development'===ENVIRONMENT ? 4 : 1;
b. $config['log_file_permissions'] = 'development'===ENVIRONMENT ? 0777 : 0644;

Check the error application/logs/log-2019-10-29.php which can be deleted after fixing the bugs.

I know your problem has not been solved but at least you will be able to gradually load the changes in your application and check the error log

The changes may be downloaded here:

"https://alibaba-test.tk/sp-unzip/ZIPS/esle.zip"

Let me know when you have downloaded the above file so that I can delete it.

Alright John I'll check and test again and work from this last point, thanks for the help.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB