Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Not reciving email about forum posts topics

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
I don't know why but sometimes when I am subscribed to a forum post I am not sent an email informing me of the new post. Sometime it works but others not. Does it not send an email for every post posted? Because it seems for some really old threads someone posts something and I don't know about it.

Its getting quite anoying tbh. Is there a reason for this?

[eluser]Derek Jones[/eluser]
Click the Control Panel link up top right, adamp1, then Email Settings. Do you have "Enable email notifications by default when you post messages" and "Enable Smart Notification" checked?

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Yes both are ticked. For example this time I got an email but other times I don't.

You might check your junk/spam folder/filters. The only other way the subscription is cleared is by

a) replying and not leaving "Notify me via email when someone posts in this thread" checked
b) clicking the Un-subscribe link at the top of the thread
c) deleting the subscription in your subscription manager

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
Remember: If you have smart notifications toggled on, you only recieve a message once, when a new message is posted. Any additional posting wont trigger an email before you've read the topic again (you have to be logged in when reading it).

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
That will be why then

Sorry, adamp1, I thought you weren't receiving notifications at all. I missed:

Quote:Does it not send an email for every post posted?

If you wish to get a notification for every post, simply disable Smart Notifications.

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Great thanks alot.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB