Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Can`t enter install script - maybe a false path info?
Question 

Hallo Community Smile

I`m from Germany so please don`t hate me cause of my not so perfect English stammering Wink

My Problem:

I try to install a really cool CMS called "BuilderEngine". That CMS is using CodeIgniter 3.1.6
Every time I try to install the CMS on my shared hosting at www.todgmbh.de I get the following ...

PHP errors:

1.) A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Warning
Message: is_dir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/web917/html/:/var/www/web917/phptmp/:/var/www/web917/files/:/var/www/web917/atd/:/usr/share/php/:/opt/php/)
Filename: drivers/Session_files_driver.php
Line Number: 115

2.) A PHP Error was encountered
Message: mkdir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/tmp) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/web917/html/:/var/www/web917/phptmp/:/var/www/web917/files/:/var/www/web917/atd/:/usr/share/php/:/opt/php/)
Filename: drivers/Session_files_driver.php
Line Number: 117

3.) A PHP Error was encountered
Message: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/web917/html/builderengine/system/core/Exceptions.php:272)
Filename: core/Common.php
Line Number: 568

4.) An uncaught Exception was encountered
Type: Exception
Message: Session: Configured save path '/tmp' is not a directory, doesn't exist or cannot be created.
Filename: /var/www/web917/html/builderengine/system/libraries/Session/drivers/Session_files_driver.php
Line Number: 119

For my opinion the errors has something to do with the tmp folder wich can`t be find or generated. With my hosting the tmp folder is called phptmp and I dont have the rights to rename it to tmp. But maybe I`m false with my opinion, I dont know cause I`m not so familiar with php, I only know a bit html, css and java script.

I asked the support of BuilderEngine but it seems that the support team understood the problem even less than I Smile and from the developer team is no one to reach.

Now I hope maybe some of the CI community can help me a bit to solv that problems, please Big Grin

My Server Infos (shared hosting):

Absolute Path: /var/www/web917/html
Path: Perl: /usr/bin/perl
Path: Ruby: /usr/bin/ruby
PHP-Version: 5.6
Perl-Version: 5.10
MySQL-Version: 5.5

allow_url_fopen = On
allow_url_include = On
max_execution_time = 30
memory_limit = 64M
mod_rewrite = On
post_max_size = 26M
session.auto_start = Off

I hope You can help me Wink

Kind Regards, Andy

3.1.6 is not the correct version number for CodeIgniter. However, the errors indicate that you're probably running the latest release (3.0), and you probably need to update the sess_save_path to point to a location on your server which can be used to store the files for the session data.

http://www.codeigniter.com/user_guide/li...references

(This post was last modified: 07-17-2015, 02:50 PM by AndyH.)

Ahhh yes that could be - thank You verrry much I`ll try it out Smile Ohh and You`re right its the 3.0 version.

Update: Its working now Smile

Hey AndyH,

Can you enlighten us with your solution..? 
I'm getting the same errors, so I'm curious what you did to make it work.

Thanks in advance.

-Roger

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB