Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Elastic Search

I have a project coming up that will be using Elastic Search and was wondering about others experiences of using it with CI.

I've previously only used it via a wordpress plugin and am interested on hearing from others who have implemented it as to their experiences in doing so, what worked, what didn't etc.

So, fire away!

(08-10-2015, 01:55 PM)jhob Wrote: I have a project coming up that will be using Elastic Search and was wondering about others experiences of using it with CI.

I've previously only used it via a wordpress plugin and am interested on hearing from others who have implemented it as to their experiences in doing so, what worked, what didn't etc.

So, fire away!

First things for is use a good php library likeĀ http://elastica.io/ - Elastica is awesome. I used it in a CI project. pretty straigh forward. You can either add a composer.json file to install Elastica and its dependencies or download em manually "which I don't suggest, its a pain.".

That said:

Contents of composer.json file

{
"require": {
"ruflin/elastica": "dev-master"
}
}

$ composer install

then include the vendor/autoload.php file in your index.php file and you should be good to go.

Brendan

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB