Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
RA_Session - Version 2.3 Updated

[eluser]systemsos[/eluser]
Found my error. First I thought my if statements where all screwy (which they were, I don't like using elseif statements everywhere but it appears I did).

Secondly, is something I'm not fulling grasping (I'll grab that coffee).

In the function persistant_session - the following statement is used to determine if the user is just checking to see if it's there.

Code:
if ($time_to_stay_active == '' OR $time_to_stay_active == NULL) {
Where in actual fact - I should possibly be using === (checks that the variables are the same type, not just the equal the same). This is a first for me actually... Previously I must have constructed my functions in such a way that the '' and NULL statements were always last.

Anyway - I was going to use is_null() but according to a little script I ran from james (who posted on PHP) suggested that === is 30x faster than using is_null. And I confirm - spot on james!

I shall adjust my functions now - and give you an update very shortly.

Cheers,

[i]Ps: You don't need to unset the userdata anymore - it's not done for you. I saw that if it's not handled by the sess_Destory function - which the session itself holds the correct value (nothing) on destroying it - the array userdata still does for one more page. Again, thanks for your help Smile

This is the tiny script I wrote to test your query (let me know if it needs to change)
Code:
$i = $this->ra_session->userdata('user_id') + 1;
$this->ra_session->set_userdata('user_id', $i);

//$this->ra_session->persistant_session(FALSE);
//$this->ra_session->sess_destroy();

echo $this->ra_session->userdata('user_id');

I uncommented those two lines to see the different results when used together/separately etc.

The wiki is updated for you - all working (as intended now).

Thanks again Joe. http://codeigniter.com/wiki/RA_session/

[eluser]Joe_Archer[/eluser]
Thanks for your very quick response on this....I'm now getting the following error (the library is autoloaded so i get this on every page)

Message: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/vhosts/blaa blaa/httpdocs/application/libraries/RA_session.php:513)

Filename: libraries/RA_session.php

Line Number: 94

Did I leave an echo "rawr" somewhere? hehehe.. Let me check.

Looks like a missing ?> tag on my script - is the only thing on line 513.

Make sure that line 94 doesn't have any echo/printing code in it before changes to the persistant session occur (as a new cookie is sent).

nothing immediately pops out...I'll check too

Whitespace is not our friend when dealing with headers/sessions. Even an empty line at the end of a PHP file can cause that.

I'm off to bed. 2am here and I'm low on coffee.

MEMO to self: In need of more coffee.

Thanks again for your help tonight Smile I appreciate it.

Thanks to you too, I was expecting a few days wait!....I can't see anything obvious breaking the output, but I'll keep looking.

thanks again.

Joe

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hello.

It seems flashdata is not working properly since the data still lingers even though more than one requests have been made. After looking at CI_Session, I found out that this can be fixed by adding
Code:
var $flashdata_key = 'flash';
to RA_Session.

[eluser]gon[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm getting that headers error commented in a previous post.
I've tried installing a fresh CI 1.6.1, copied RA_Session to libraries folder, and put it on the autoload.
And I get the errors:

A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /data/www/vanilla_ci/system/application/libraries/RA_Session.php:513)

Filename: libraries/RA_Session.php

Line Number: 95
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Warning

Message: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /data/www/vanilla_ci/system/application/libraries/RA_Session.php:513)

Filename: libraries/RA_Session.php

Line Number: 95

Welcome to CodeIgniter!

The page you are looking at is being generated dynamically by CodeIgniter.

If you would like to edit this page you'll find it located at:

Could this be related to some PHP configuration param?
Or maybe some CI file contains a blank line at the end?

I've looked for it without success.

TIA.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB