Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Managing your Applications vs Hierarchical Model View Controller(HMVC) pattern

What is the difference Between Managing your Applications & Hierarchical Model View Controller(HMVC) pattern.

I'm afraid you're probably going to have to be more specific on what you mean by "Managing your Applications".

There are some minor differences between HMVC implementations, but the basic idea of HMVC is that you can structure your application as a series of modules, each containing their own MVC triads. In most implementations, there is also some method available for executing a method from a controller outside of the current MVC triad (usually a controller can load another controller and execute the other controller's methods). As with most variations of MVC (and MVC itself), there probably isn't one set-in-stone answer to what HMVC is and how it should be used, though, or even a strong definition of how it differs from many of the other variants.

(08-26-2015, 11:10 AM)mwhitney Wrote: I'm afraid you're probably going to have to be more specific on what you mean by "Managing your Applications".

There are some minor differences between HMVC implementations, but the basic idea of HMVC is that you can structure your application as a series of modules, each containing their own MVC triads. In most implementations, there is also some method available for executing a method from a controller outside of the current MVC triad (usually a controller can load another controller and execute the other controller's methods). As with most variations of MVC (and MVC itself), there probably isn't one set-in-stone answer to what HMVC is and how it should be used, though, or even a strong definition of how it differs from many of the other variant

Thanks for your kind and helpful information.
 I am more specific about it because I  want to use my application as master & install mode. This means I have one master as basic & In install there are no of installs of master. In that install I can use full functionality of master & some install specific functionality I can develop. so to achieve this which is the better. Also while doing so I do not want to lost version up-gradation of Codeigniter.
Thanks

I don't think whether you use HMVC or not is going to make a big difference in terms of what you seem to be asking.

The most commonly-used HMVC solutions don't touch the CodeIgniter files, so there are rarely issues with upgrading CodeIgniter or the HMVC code independently. They usually extend CI's classes (especially the loader and router), so there is some potential for issues, but CodeIgniter doesn't usually make breaking changes within the same major version (so, you only have to worry if you're looking at moving from 2.x to 3.x, or 3.x to 4 in the future, which is probably going to be a breaking change whether you use HMVC or not).

I would generally recommend keeping all installation-related code completely separate from your normal application code, and would advise against even putting installation code on production servers. I generally do the installation locally or on a test server, and exclude the installation files from my migration to the production server. The production server may have some administrative pages which test the configuration and tell me if there are any issues.

The only significant difference HMVC could have in such a process would be in allowing you to put that code into a module which might be marginally easier to exclude. Since most of my migration process is related to my version control, I usually just exclude my installation scripts from source control (they're all in at least one other version control repository anyway).

Thank you very much for helpful information.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB