Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to publish CI Site in live server?

I am a CI_user since about a week, i developed the static site in localhost using XAMMP and when i host the site the 404 not found error appears, please guide me the proper procedure to host the ci_site to live servers with sound settings and configs Huh  ...

(This post was last modified: 09-03-2015, 11:48 PM by rtorralba.)

(09-03-2015, 08:41 PM)saazan14 Wrote: I am a CI_user since about a week, i developed the static site in localhost using XAMMP and when i host the site the 404 not found error appears, please guide me the proper procedure to host the ci_site to live servers with sound settings and configs Huh  ...

This is only problem of your web server configuration, maybe of your virtual host settings, put a simple index.html page at web folder and when works try with codeignier project.
Greetings.

Some sites have the files under public or public_html.

My site uses the public_html, so I put everything there except for the application and system folders.

If you do this you need to change the path to those two folders in your index.php file.

../application and ../system

Otherwise place all your files under the public or public_html folders.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

May i please ask you some notes or video link explaining the ci_site transferring from localhost to live server.

Regards,

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB