Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
paypal notes to remember [solved]

[eluser]wildcard99[/eluser]
ok im posting this for those who might encounter the same problem i have coz integrating paypal can really cause you sleepless nights (Atleast for me).

There are a lot of posts on integrating paypal to ci esp using their ipn.. well actually almost all of the codes are fine, here are the things you have to check that might be the cause of unusual results.

* When testing in sandbox, the receiver's email is different from the email used in creating the sandbox account.

* make sure to set the IPN notify url under your profile inside your account or make sure to set a notify_url in your form

* When pending result is returned, make sure receiver and the sender test accounts are verified.

* Always check your logs to monitor whats happening

* Im not sure about this one but sending data from session under the IPN method doesnt arrived. I just concat all the data to be passed inside the custom field. (ex. customer_id=1|order_detail=5|etc...) then do an explode together with a loop to fetch all the passed data.

* When sandbox isn't responsive or always generating an error, KEEP RETRYING! ;-P

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
One more thing to note about PayPal and their sandbox which I found out in the last several months. At any point they may decide to break it and not give you another option for 2 weeks until they fix it. No news nothing just a lot of agree users. I hate paypal.

Personaly the biggest solution is not to use it, find a different service. Anything but PayPal.

Sorry but as you can see I hate it, with a very big passion.

[eluser]wildcard99[/eluser]
I understand you... but i have no choice since its the preferred by my client.. I'll try to look at other options as soon as i finish the project.

tnx for sharing your thoughts...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB