Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Would you pay for pre-packaged CI apps?

[eluser]maadmac[/eluser]
[quote author="John Fuller" date="1203747213"]Absolutely I am willing to buy scripts. I have purchased many ExpressionEngine licenses, Add-ons from Ellislab and 3rd party add-ons (mostly from Solspace.)[/quote]

Ditto Mr Fuller. We've purchased at least a dozen commercial EE licenses and several Solspace plugins. Our firm is happy to pay for valuable work--apps, web services, whatever. If your work delivers more value than it costs to buy, you'll always have a market.

Me personally, I also make it a habit to donate to open source initiatives that make my life easier (Firebug, CocoaMySQL, jQuery), but I may be an outlier. I don't think there's any amount of money I could pay that could possibly convey my gratitude to the Firebug team -- that one single plugin has transformed web development.

[eluser]kevinprince[/eluser]
Personally like many hear, I take the approach of im a developer I can build it myself!

However same time, when you build an application your hoping that it is sell able, and then obviously you have to ask your self would I as a customer buy this.

[eluser]fdog[/eluser]
[quote author="wildcard99" date="1203733272"]i personally like OS Solutions so theres a little or no percentage I'll buy a pre-package CI apps.. ;-P[/quote]

I like OS solutions as well. I would pay/hire a developer for making a CI app but i'll never buy a script.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB