• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
atom.io

Anyone tried atom.io

It looks nice, but I wasn't convinced on the productivity increase compared to sublime. At the moment there aren't enough mature snippets for codeigniter so I'm sticking with sublime.

Anybody else given it a try? Or what's your preferred ide/text editor for working with codeigniter?

All opinions welcome.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon

My opinion: Slow... very slow... and slower if files are bigger...

Yeah I did notice this too, though I've not used it much

(10-30-2015, 05:33 AM)iamthwee Wrote: Anyone tried atom.io

It looks nice, but I wasn't convinced on the productivity increase compared to sublime. At the moment there aren't enough mature snippets for codeigniter so I'm sticking with sublime.

Anybody else given it a try? Or what's your preferred ide/text editor for working with codeigniter?

All opinions welcome.

Of course VIM. Fast edition and:
  • PHP, HTML CSS.. completion and syntax check.

• PHP debugger.

• Git integration.

• Futhermore We added codeignier snnipets.

[Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3Df9-s3Aio]
Greetings.

I found Sublime Text much better than Atom. Maybe Atom is better for HTML and CSS only because of its PSD support. But not good for programming language like PHP.

I'm not sure what it does to load file but it struggles with biggish ones, sublime text beats it so I'm not jumping ship. Let's try not to bring vim into it, especially if you're using it on windows Wink

(11-08-2015, 09:17 AM)iamthwee Wrote: I'm not sure what it does to load file but it struggles with biggish ones, sublime text beats it so I'm not jumping ship. Let's try not to bring vim into it, especially if you're using it on windows Wink

The vim comment is for me? I don't know what is the problem to use vim on windows, mac os or other operating system, I use vim with Ubuntu, I think it would be better for you to see the advantages of using vim instead of that environment is used.
Greetings.

after a very short time i'm becoming a total fanboy for PHPStorm . it is an IDE so spend a little time with the tutorials. but its amazing.
integrated FTP, version control, code completion, tidy, on and on. also they have a beta program which is free.
https://confluence.jetbrains.com/display...ss+Program

(11-08-2015, 11:53 AM)cartalot Wrote: after a very short time i'm becoming a total fanboy for PHPStorm . it is an IDE so spend a little time with the tutorials. but its amazing.
integrated FTP, version control, code completion, tidy, on and on. also they have a beta program which is free.
https://confluence.jetbrains.com/display...ss+Program

PHPStorm is a great ide, I go to Early Access Program page but say: This build includes a 30-day time-limited license.
Greetings.

I'm happy to say phpstorm is a 100% no go for me as it runs on java and I don't want any security issues or bloat in loading the jvm - just terrible. Those days were long gone.

Quote: think it would be better for you to see the advantages of using vim instead of that environment is used

The time spent learning all those keyboard shortcuts which overall provides a 5% increase in functionality is not worth the hassle IMO. But to each their own as they say. Sublime is always going to be my choice editor.

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew