Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
No input file specified.

[eluser]E303[/eluser]
I created this code on a development server and it worked perfectly. Now i have uploaded it and when I go to www.domainname.com/index.php/admin

I get an

No input file specified.

What is that?

[eluser]zdknudsen[/eluser]
It's basicly a 404 error (if I'm not mistaken, your browser should've recieved a 404 header along with that). Try going to www.yoursite.com/nonexistingfile.php, and you'll most likely get an identical message.

[eluser]Justin Patel[/eluser]
Hello,

please try this one

<input type="file" name = "userfile" >

some time it gives error becoz of name of the input type file

try to keep the name as userfile Smile

[eluser]E303[/eluser]
@Zacharias Knudsen Thanks for that my next question is why I am getting it if I know the admin.php (Controller) is there?

@justin Patel Thanks for your help but I am actually not uploading a file as such. I am trying to access a controller.

It seems that I can load the the:
Code:
$route['default_controller'] = "pages";

however when I tack the controller name onto the back of the url that is when I get the "no input file specified" or 404 error.

Im at a loss as I have never had this problem before?

Are you using an .htaccess file?

[eluser]E303[/eluser]
no.

If it helps the server I am uploading to is running PHP 4.4.7 and I am using version.

CI is stored in /www/htdocs

I don't exactly know what might be causing the problem then. However, it seems to me that index.php cannot be found (since you don't get that kind of errors from php includes, so it can't be caused by e.g. a missing controller).

Have you checked for .htaccess files above the codeigniter directory (folders inherit their parent's .htaccess)?

[eluser]E303[/eluser]
@Zacharias Knudsen If I change the default controller to admin for instance it works. However when I try to access any controller other then the default controller I get that error.

There is no .htaccess file at all

[eluser]E303[/eluser]
any idea why it can only load the default controller. Anything else index.php/mycontroller I get the error?

Well, apparantly index.php/mycontroller doesn't go to index.php. Can't say what the exact problem is though.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB