Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Some problems with cache...

[eluser]Lovecannon[/eluser]
Well, personally, using output cache takes my code from an average execution time of 6-7 ms, to .02-.03 ms, and I think thats amazing. Only problem being, say for page that has a login form, once your logged in, it will still keep displaying the login form..is there any way to keep cache, but have some dynamic content? I am looking for all the ways I can to optimize my site, currently I use query caching along with optimized queries, and i dont have any expensive loops, so...is 6-7 milliseconds gonna be a problem when the site starts scaling to a lot of users at once?

is there any way to NOT cache certain parts of a site??

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
Caching can be called on a controller by controller basis, or on a method by method basis. You only need to use it where you want it and CI will intelligently handle if caching should be called or not.

Well what I was looking for was caching only certain parts of a page...and I found a solution for that in AI Jame's cache library. really good library, gave me the flexibility I needed and the speed improvements I was looking for.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB