Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Application Structure Best Practice

[eluser]mDonchev[/eluser]
Hello All, :-)

I'm kinda new to CI, so I'm looking for help on how to structure my application controlers/views/models.

I have a long time development experience with website, so I'm talking about websites with database of 8-10 tables, blog, products, users and so on.

Can you please share your best practice on organizing your website/application structure.

It will be really helpful to me.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Martin

[eluser]fdog[/eluser]
http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Moving_your_...f_DOCROOT/

[eluser]sikkle[/eluser]
Humm i think you look over for live discussion about how to put your stuff together.

after a good read of the manual, a good search on the forum you can talk with us on Freenode, channel #codeigniter and i'm pretty sure we can handle this discussion soon.

see ya around.

[eluser]nmweb[/eluser]
Make sure you organize your views according to a scheme. Often used is for example for a url 'articles/edit/' a corresponding view named edit.php in views/articles. articles/ would go the views/articles/index.php etc. Most frameworks work by this scheme and it keeps your views dir organized.

[eluser]mDonchev[/eluser]
Thank you all Smile,

I will start my first project with CI now, and I will try to follow a scheme, but I'm not sure what I will have at the final.

I guess I will "learn" with experience.
Matchbox modules are also a good option. But I want to make something with pure CI first and than to try using modules.

Thank you all again,

Will see you around ;-P

Thanks
Martin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB