• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mysqli driver: trans_begin() gone in 3.0.3

Hi guys, 

I updated from 3.0.0 to 3.0.3 and all my manually handled transactions stopped working. Inspecting the driver implementations I found the following changes to the method:

3.0.0: 
public function trans_begin() { ... }

3.0.3: 
protected function _trans_begin() { ... }

is this intended? Am I supposed to derive from this class and implement my own driver or should I simply update all my code to call on the new methods?

(11-24-2015, 09:13 AM)voidburn Wrote: Hi guys, 

I updated from 3.0.0 to 3.0.3 and all my manually handled transactions stopped working. Inspecting the driver implementations I found the following changes to the method:

3.0.0: 
public function trans_begin() { ... }

3.0.3: 
protected function _trans_begin() { ... }

is this intended? Am I supposed to derive from this class and implement my own driver or should I simply update all my code to call on the new methods?

I'm not sure what causes your problem, but the public function trans_begin() still exists in CI_DB_driver class (in system/databases/DB_driver.php)

> I updated from 3.0.0 to 3.0.3 and all my manually handled transactions stopped working.

It should work. What's happening? Any error messages?
Do you want to write tests for your apps? Our book, CodeIgniter Testing Guide would help you.

Thanks for your replies they've set me on the right path to figure out what was happening. I was still unfamiliar with the driver stack, and checking DB_driver.php confirmed the method was there. I was getting this error.

Code:
A PHP Error was encountered

Severity: Error

Message: Call to undefined method CI_DB_mysqli_driver::trans_begin()

Filename: database/DB_driver.php

Line Number: 791

What happened is that when I was updating PhPStorm was unable to completely sync the new files with the server's document root. Once that has been forced manually everything worked.

Thank you!

Digg   Delicious   Reddit   Facebook   Twitter   StumbleUpon  

Theme © 2014 iAndrew