Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
same application, multiple custumers (of which each one has it's own database)

[eluser]ccachor[/eluser]
Yes, I'm under the assumption all this is being hosted on the same box Smile

[eluser]CI beyond[/eluser]
[quote author="ccachor" date="1204080290"]Connect to the first database, look up the connection info based on the domain or subdomain, then pass in the connection info into another model. http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui....html#conn

Then you have simple administration and when you have lots of customers you won't have a mess to deal with. That stuff will snowball...[/quote]
Aye, this sounds like the best approach for the moment.

I'm also considering stuffing all customers in one DB and separate them by introducing a companyID or something. That way i prevent a lot of annoyances when there are DB changes. The latter will take some extra time, but i'm sure it'll pay off in the future.

Thnx for your input, it's appreciated!

[eluser]skattabrain[/eluser]
[quote author="CI beyond" date="1204081809"]

I'm also considering stuffing all customers in one DB and separate them by introducing a companyID or something. That way i prevent a lot of annoyances when there are DB changes. The latter will take some extra time, but i'm sure it'll pay off in the future.

[/quote]

This would be key as far as I'm concerned. It's not like your writing an application that people install and manage themselves, thus making updating their responsibility.

I couldn't imagine you being 6 months into this, decide you need a DB schema tweak and then have to make that change on 100 databases ... talk about setting yourself up for failure! You'd be hating it and coming up with reasons not to evolve your program. Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB