Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Looking for a troubleshooting expert! (Solved)
Smile 
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2015, 09:41 AM by Codefate. Edit Reason: Text was large for some reason. )

Hello you amazing person.

I previously ran a filesharing website made pretty much by hand (php of course). It was more for myself and close friends to share files quickly and easily between others and groups. Due to the simplicity and no bullshit approach it gained a lot of traction. 

Being that it was written by hand and wasn't that complicated (checked the files from mime type). I started looking at something that would be 

1: Safer for my users to use
2. Protect the server better than a easily spoofed mime type check.
3. Easy to integrate into the current non-changeable code.

Which landed me with codeigniter. I started a full rework on my wamp powered localhost. I got a development server and everything seemed perfect. The uploads were working on my localhost and transfered my code to the development server.

Everything poped up great until I tried the only fuction I needed to work. The upload. It wouldn't work. Every time I tried I got "You did not select a file to upload" error. Going to Google and trying to see where I went wrong, I couldn't find it. Everything is working perfectly. POST and GET works on other parts of the website just for some apparent reason when uploading POST does not work.

Maybe it was a php configuration error. So I reinstalled php (didn't work), wiped all traces and reinstalled it fresh (didn't work), recompiled it from source (didn't work), I even went as far as testing php7 (which I am using on my localhost) so see if it worked (it didn't). 

So I thought maybe it was some customization I did to the script that was conflicting with linux. So I just downloaded the script, followed the file upload tutorial word by word and same error came up.

So here I am frustrated out of my mind just wanting to get this project out of development and into production.

So I am looking for someone that will just get it working. I don't care how you do it (as long as you are not turning off security features without just cause) I just want to get this error away and have the uploads working. 

I will pay pretty good for someone that will solve this, should have been, simple problem. You will be given root access to the development server to go and troubleshoot to the stars. Depending on how much you need to do to get uploads working we can talk about giving a starting and ending income. 

As of that please use my email to send a short write up about you expirences with codeigniter. If you worked on a project, that is still online, please provide a link.

As of that I look forward to having this problem solved.

I don't see why you don't just post some code here and let us figure it out for you for free. CI uploads are super basic to debug. If CI is telling you there was no file uploaded, are you sure your form's file upload element has the username specified as "userfile"? Also, you need the appropriate enctype attribute on the form opening tag.

(This post was last modified: 12-05-2015, 06:19 PM by Codefate. Edit Reason: Text was really large in areas for some reason. )

(12-04-2015, 06:53 PM)skunkbad Wrote: I don't see why you don't just post some code here and let us figure it out for you for free. CI uploads are super basic to debug. If CI is telling you there was no file uploaded, are you sure your form's file upload element has the username specified as "userfile"? Also, you need the appropriate enctype attribute on the form opening tag.

I can understand this suggestion. 

However I don't think the total fault relys on codeigniter. As I have mentioned, I can complete all functions on my localhost machine. It is just when I move it over to the development system that the upload doesn't seem to be working. Post and get command work completely fine as tested on other parts of the website. I don't use haccess being that I run nginx so its not an error in that way.

What really discouraged me is when I did everything by the book on a completely fresh copy it still didn't change the outcome. Which leads me to believe that it was some kind of server misconfiguration. I just don't understand where. 

Which is why I am looking for a troubleshooter. But there is also another reason. I don't think I can handle a couple more hours of troubleshooting this project myself. I'm starting to think I might just scrap it and rebuild on a different framework. The loss of time for me would be significantly well more than the couple hundred I would pay for a troubleshooter.

Can't help you with nginx, but being that dev works and production doesn't, maybe a file permissions issue exists.

It would be a shame if you spent many hours trying to switch frameworks to find that you still have the same problem on your production server.

If I was to debug this, I would start by using the most basic of all CI upload, straight from the user guide. No styling, scripts, or anything else added. If it doesn't work, it's probably not CI. To be certain, if still failing, I would just create a raw HTML form, pointed at a non-CI script. If that doesn't work you really know it's the server.

Sorry can't help with nginx, but somebody around here can probably help.

The bug was found!

It was a configuration error with nginx. Just a minor overlooked error. Sometimes with computers even when it is 99.999999999% correct its still not correct enough

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB