Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Any Suggestions for Website Domain Name

Hi,

I have been searching for a good domain name (catchy, easy to remember, easy to spell) for .com and .co.uk and it really is an impossible task these days.

The website will be a project management/task management/contact reminder/ phone book/ type of site that really I am building for my own use but am building it as an online app anyone can use. (It is a CI site btw).

But, the domains I have used up to now are a bit crap really and I am super stuck on what to call it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a name?

I know this is nothing to do with CI, but I thought I would ask in this lounge - a very long shot I know.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Paul.

PS I am currently using a .life domain but really I want a .com and .co.uk pair.

task-organize.com is available

After a couple dozen searches, I found that organize-yo-ass.com is available. Smile

Have you come up with a project name? Or maybe an acronym that isn't a word but that people will remember?

There are websites that let you search for available domain names. I don't know if this one is good or not, but it returned a bunch of *.com suggestions based on the key words "organize" and "tasks." http://www.domainsbot.com/
Hey, don't work without a PHP debugger. Several free IDEs have this features built in. Two are NetBeans and CodeLobster. Without a debugger, it's like you're driving with a blindfold on -- you are going to crash!

Hey thanks,

The word 'organize' is problematic because of the two spellings (American and English). The use of hyphens I wanted to avoid too.

However, organise yo ass is a great suggestion!!! At least it is interesting and memorable.

Still stuck

:-(

I managed to get a pair finally.

bigpocketbook.com
bigpocketbook.co.uk

Not completely satisfied, but it will do for now.

:-)

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2016, 03:07 PM by arma7x. Edit Reason: Remove registered domain )

My suggestion are mynotebook.com or todolist.com
Keep calm.

I think Paul is looking for domains that are unregistered Wink

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2016, 10:22 PM by sv3tli0.)

I would recommend to think for your own product brand name..

As IT I am usually skipping such domains as "task-organize" because they are often related to scam and they are not what I am looking for.
At the same time brand names can be harder for finding but they are easier for remembering, which is really an important thing.

And at last place the TLD - com is a cheap tld but its really heavy used as its the most popular tld. So you may think for other often used TLD for such products as .io - the only stopping thing here is the price.
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

tidy-me-up.com

@sv3tli0
Thanks for the comment. I am not a branding expert by any means but I understand what you are saying. However for me, choosing a brand name comes down to finding a domain name. Now I know that for an existing brand the domain may not match the name, but for a new web app I would suggest that the brand should be the domain name. Given the shortage of .com's as you point out, is why I was stuck and looking for suggestions. As for other TLD's, I did start with a .life TLD, but people kept telling me they could not remember it. So I wanted a .com plus whatever else to go with it.

@ivantcholakov
Great line of thought there, thank you.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB