Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
REST API webservices

Be patience your are the one asking for help Narf is not playing with you. By the way, why won't you try on skunkbad's answer he provide above for me its the best approach.

(01-24-2016, 03:23 AM)kankuro Wrote: Be patience your are the one asking for help Narf is not playing with you. By the way, why won't you try on skunkbad's answer he provide above for me its the best approach.

Thank you all for the replies...

Sorry I did not answer earlier, but I stayed up all night looking at Laravel...

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2016, 11:44 AM by LeMec.)

(01-23-2016, 04:30 PM)skunkbad Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 02:02 PM)Narf Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 10:56 AM)LeMec Wrote:
(01-23-2016, 05:39 AM)Narf Wrote:
(01-22-2016, 11:47 PM)Chandini Wrote: Then how to send the multiple response at  a time ...?

I'll repeat: You don't!
1 request = 1 response, that's how HTTP works. It's not CI's problem, nor something you just don't know how to do. It's just the way it is.

Man...This forum is sometimes very frustrating to average programmers. Experts are playing mind games with us for no reason.

The question is very clear and easily implied:

What is the best way to update info via Rest API when the information is in a master detail relationship?

You have a table that has users and another table that has Salaries for users.

You want to update that info.

How?

I give direct answers to direct questions.

If you call that mind games, then the frustration will never end. Us "experts" don't have the magic power of knowing what you mean by asking the wrong questions.

I thought you were supposed to be a mind reader? Isn't that why you get paid the big bucks?

This is exactly what I am talking about...

Do you really need to be a mind reader or get paid the big bucks to figure out what the person who initially posted was trying to do or to say?

So OK, he expressed it in a way that incorporated what he erroneously thought was the way to go about it...Why focus only on that and on purpose, not try to answer his question?

Why the arrogance? Why the condescending tone? Why this disciplinary and rigid methodology, like a school teacher that thinks that the child will be grateful when he grows up?

Most of us here are already grown up...

Did you not see this?:

http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-6416...#pid327970

You keep going on and on about Narf, but failed to see the answer.

(01-24-2016, 11:51 AM)skunkbad Wrote: Did you not see this?:

Loved your answer actually...

Please notice that I am not the one that started this post and that I simply interpreted for Narf what he pretended not to understand or unable to guess.

The fact that you jumped in and answered is great... But tell me honestly. Did you really really need me to explain to you what the original guy who posted meant and otherwise would not have figured it out for yourself?

(01-24-2016, 11:43 AM)LeMec Wrote: ...

You might be better off moving to Laravel. I am sure their support is more friendly and mind-reader-ish!
Support here is a community effort, on a volunteer basis.
Not all of us have the Jedi skills you seek.
We are not the droids you are looking for.

So the choice is accept the arrogance and the condescending attitude or move on...

I guess I am in for another sleepless night...

(This post was last modified: 01-24-2016, 03:14 PM by kenjis.)

(01-23-2016, 10:56 AM)LeMec Wrote: The question is very clear and easily implied:

What is the best way to update info via Rest API when the information is in a master detail relationship?

You have a table that has users and another table that has Salaries for users.

You want to update that info.

How?

@Chandini Is that true?

(01-24-2016, 11:57 AM)LeMec Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 11:51 AM)skunkbad Wrote: Did you not see this?:

Loved your answer actually...

Please notice that I am not the one that started this post and that I simply interpreted for Narf what he pretended not to understand or unable to guess.

The fact that you jumped in and answered is great... But tell me honestly. Did you really really need me to explain to you what the original guy who posted meant and otherwise would not have figured it out for yourself?

So, a user asks how to reply with 2 responses to 1 request.
I state the obvious that this is impossible.

And your conclusion is that I am pretending not to understand that the user supposedly means something completely different, I am playing mind games and being condescending and arrogant.

Are you fucking kidding me?!

The user asked: I have two related pieces of code that need to be executed. I tried doing it by executing 2 responses within the same request.
That did not work as only the first response got executed.

Answering him and telling him: "That will not work" is not helpful. Especially when the user takes a second shot at it by asking the same question twice.

Yes Narf! Pretending not to understand what the user means and what his dilemma is is indeed arrogant!!!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB