Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
NOT Resolve Fatal error: Class CI_Session_files_driver contains 1 abstract method
Bug 

Hello,

That question is already posted but i am create thread once more because its still there when i am restart server its working fine but after 5 to 10 minutes again show the same message, and i update a new version system folder replace existance system folder.

Here is an error

Fatal error: Class CI_Session_files_driver contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (SessionHandlerInterface::close) inD:\Xampp\htdocs\system\libraries\Session\drivers\Session_files_driver.php on line 49
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Error
Message: Class CI_Session_files_driver contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (SessionHandlerInterface::close)
Filename: drivers/Session_files_driver.php
Line Number: 49
Backtrace:

Ok its that error on my local machine when i google it show the codeigniter forum same error as my location machine here is link https://forum.codeigniter.com/printthread.php?tid=64763.

Resolve this error i am stuck on that.

Gratitude,
iRfan

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2016, 08:52 AM by InsiteFX.)

Delete your system directory and install the new system directory also make sure you copy over the new index.php file.

Also if you read the documentation on XAMPP it should be installed in your C:\ root disk drive.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(04-02-2016, 08:51 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Delete your system directory and install the new system directory also make sure you copy over the new index.php file.

Also if you read the documentation on XAMPP it should be installed in your C:\ root disk drive.

oohhh... 

Still error there i m changing the system folder, index file and also change the directory.

Fatal error: Class CI_Session_files_driver contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (SessionHandlerInterface::gc) inC:\xampp\htdocs\portal\system\libraries\Session\drivers\Session_files_driver.php on line 49

A PHP Error was encountered
Severity: Error
Message: Class CI_Session_files_driver contains 1 abstract method and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (SessionHandlerInterface::gc)
Filename: drivers/Session_files_driver.php
Line Number: 49
Backtrace:

Error are still same    Huh
Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

(This post was last modified: 04-04-2016, 02:52 PM by InsiteFX.)

Check your .htaccess file and make sure you do not have a line like this in it, if so try remarking it out with a # sign and then try it.
This line of code has given me problems with CI in the pass and if your html is correct you do not need it.

Code:
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|images|captcha|css|js|robots\.txt)
html correct way add this to your head tag:
Code:
<base href="<?php echo base_url();?>" target="_blank">
I'am running Windows 10 and XAMPP and have no problems at all.

Please attach an archive of your C:\xampp\htdocs\portal\system\ contents.

Hello,

That error also show on codeigniter forum open url
https://forum.codeigniter.com/printthread.php?tid=64763

Narf there no folder name contents in system directory

Head -> desk.

(04-17-2016, 10:04 PM)irfan Wrote: Hello,

Yes, because that's how you've named this thread.

(04-17-2016, 10:04 PM)irfan Wrote: Narf there no folder name contents in system directory

Contents is not a "folder name" ... use a dictionary to see what the word means.

(04-17-2016, 11:09 PM)Narf Wrote: Head -> desk.

(04-17-2016, 10:04 PM)irfan Wrote: Hello,

Yes, because that's how you've named this thread.

(04-17-2016, 10:04 PM)irfan Wrote: Narf there no folder name contents in system directory

Contents is not a "folder name" ... use a dictionary to see what the word means.

Hi guys, I also have a simular error:

Fatal error: Class CI_Session_files_driver contains 2 abstract methods and must therefore be declared abstract or implement the remaining methods (SessionHandlerInterface::open, SessionHandlerInterface::read) in D:\wamp64\www\has\system\libraries\Session\drivers\Session_files_driver.php on line 49

I have replaced the system folder of CI 3 but still no luck. Restarting apache fixes the problem temporary. But after a while, it still comes back. Here is my working environment:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro.
Wamp Server 3.1.0
PHP Version 7.1.10
Codeigniter 3.1.6

What is very interesting, i have two other projects on this Wamp Server that are on Codeigniter 2, and they dont seem to have this problem. Any ideas or thoughts?

I am also running your same setup except I' am using XAMPP, mine runs just fine.

Check your version of WAMP, I read that there was a problem with the 64 bit version of it.

(10-26-2017, 02:00 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: I am also running your same setup except I' am using XAMPP, mine runs just fine.

Check your version of WAMP, I read that there was a problem with the 64 bit version of it.

Hi InsiteFX, Yes my wamp is 64, but can you tell where did you read that wamp64 is associated with this particular problem>

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB