Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Database error 1064

i added a ci_session table to my database with the code i found in the codeigniter user guide. i then changed the session driver to database and added a function to my model_user.php to set session anytime a user finishes registering.i also tried bacticking the table name and columns in the sql query i used in my set_session function . i then tried loading my registration form and this is what i got:

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE `id` = 'c9760afa0b1a5b45a08b54dd428af1afe3b837f3'' at line 2
SELECT `data` WHERE `id` = 'c9760afa0b1a5b45a08b54dd428af1afe3b837f3'
Filename: C:/wamp/www/busticket/system/database/DB_driver.php
Line Number: 691
 Any help please?

Hi

I had a similar issue a while ago. I think just make sure the DB table is empty fixed it for me. Hope this helps. Sorry to be so vague!

(04-14-2016, 11:25 AM)koficypher Wrote: i added a ci_session table to my database with the code i found in the codeigniter user guide. i then changed the session driver to database and added a function to my model_user.php to set session anytime a user finishes registering.i also tried bacticking the table name and columns in the sql query i used in my set_session function . i then tried loading my registration form and this is what i got:

A Database Error Occurred
Error Number: 1064
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE `id` = 'c9760afa0b1a5b45a08b54dd428af1afe3b837f3'' at line 2
SELECT `data` WHERE `id` = 'c9760afa0b1a5b45a08b54dd428af1afe3b837f3'
Filename: C:/wamp/www/busticket/system/database/DB_driver.php
Line Number: 691
 Any help please?

Hello!  Smile

As you can see from the query, CodeIgniter doesn't know how is your table named. Open your application/config/config.php, then add the following line:

PHP Code:
$config['sess_save_path'] = 'ci_sessions'

Hope this helps!

(This post was last modified: 04-14-2016, 01:12 PM by arma7x.)

In config.php file, look for $config['sess_save_path'] and replace NULL with your session table name.
Keep calm.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB