Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
SMTP save sent emails

Hello! 

This is my first post here... I wish I can help in future, but now, I need some help.

I'm sending emails using email library, and I want to save sent emails in SMTP's sent folder. I've read in other forums that it can be done using PHP imap_append function but not sure where to use in CI. Can anyone help me? :-)

Thanks!

Hi,
I'm facing the same problem? Did you find a solution?

Thanks

When I send email through gmail SMTP it automatically stores a copy in the sent folder. Are you just sending through accounts in your cPanel or own server? You can simply extend CI_Email in a libraries/MY_Email.php file, and then alter one of the methods. You could probably just alter the send method with $this->save_to_imap(); and then create a save_to_imap method that does what you need it to do.

(06-21-2016, 12:52 PM)skunkbad Wrote: When I send email through gmail SMTP it automatically stores a copy in the sent folder. Are you just sending through accounts in your cPanel or own server? You can simply extend CI_Email in a libraries/MY_Email.php file, and then alter one of the methods. You could probably just alter the send method with $this->save_to_imap(); and then create a save_to_imap method that does what you need it to do.

I'll try. Thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB