Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
We Have Leaders

I have formed an interim council to guide CodeIgniter moving forward Smile

I have recruited five long-standing members of the CodeIgniter community, to help with getting the CodeIgniter project back on the road. They are Andreas Pfotenhauer (DE), Andrey Andreev (BG), Ben Edmunds (US), David Wosnitza (DE), and Lonnie Ezell (US). A bit more information will be on the website's about page when it is next updated.

Our job right now is to shepherd CodeIgniter to its Version 3 release. This is a required starting point before we can move forward, as you can all appreciate.

Once Version 3 has launched, the council will tackle upcoming framework enhancements, with the engagement of the community. We will also come up with a sustainable governance model, drawing on the other successful open source projects.

Many other community members have stepped up as well, with design, code, testing, and offers to help any way they can.

I am sure that I speak for the CodeIgniter commuinity, in expressing gratitude to everyone helping out, and especially the council.
James Parry
Project Lead

Great.
I am about to use CI in my new project and looking forward to the Version 3.x

sounds greats. awaiting for 3.0 version. I am going to update the core of startbbs to new version.
Q&A for Codeigniter
StartBBS--open-source, light weight forum software.
Best VPS:Digital Ocean

Gr8...

I am feeling very good about this news..

I find it highly amusing that 3 of these guys are all in the #codeigniter irc channel. Not really the best direction I was hoping for.

All I can say is, so happy CI is MIT license. Looks like I will be forking this project next year.

Good luck with the project Perry, you'll need it Wink

@no1youknowz - I'm confused. How is it bad that they're on the channel? If people are there for help, it's helpful to have people that can help them out. Also provides real-time opportunity to discuss a framework we love and find out what other developers want from it. Or just hang with others with a shared interest. How is this bad?

This is great news!

Our team loves CI, we've been using it for years, this is really exciting.

Any chance that we could organise an open source channel with Slack?
That would be a great way to get some "public" meetings going.

(11-02-2014, 06:20 PM)nuclearpengy Wrote: This is great news!

Our team loves CI, we've been using it for years, this is really exciting.

Any chance that we could organise an open source channel with Slack?
That would be a great way to get some "public" meetings going.

Awesome.

Would be useful if a list of GitHug account of leaders was shared as well.

I tried to ask for it in official repo unfortunatelly with no success, as pointed in issue #3307: https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/issues/3307

me (@rogeriopradoj):
Quote:Hello, as pointed on We Have Leaders, http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-65.html, http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-65.html by James Perry, the leaders being recruted are Andreas Pfotenhauer (DE), Andrey Andreev (BG), Ben Edmunds (US), David Wosnitza (DE), and Lonnie Ezell (US).

I found some of GitHub names:

@jim-parry
@narfbg
@Pfote

@jim-parry, could you list all of you by here?

Andrey Andreev, Owner, narfbg:
Quote: Dude, this is not a forum board. Don't open issues unless you have a bug to report.

(11-05-2014, 02:53 AM)rogeriopradoj Wrote: Would be useful if a list of GitHug account of leaders was shared as well.

Please see the site's About page.

Great news.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB