Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
MY_Controller not found - once again
Question 

Hello,

I know this question is asked and answered a couple of times before, but I still run into this Error when uploading my files to the production server.

On my laptop (xampp), everything works just fine, but on the Linux-Server I get a blank page and this dumb error:

Quote:ERROR - 2016-04-29 18:41:28 --> Severity: Error --> Class 'Main_controller' not found /application/controllers/Ueberblick.php 4

I  read: in this Forum and still have no idea what's wrong.

My MY_Controller is prefixed with "Main_". Thats how it is written in the config file, and thats exactly what the controller-file in application/core is named: Main_controller.php

Yes, with a lowercase c.

And I have two controllers extending the class and in both files the classes extend Main_controller. I doublechecked it several times.

So, what else can cause this error? Any help is kindly appreciated!

Raschid

If your prefix is Main_, then your base controller needs to be named Main_Controller

Put all your extend Controller classes in the Main_controller class.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(04-29-2016, 11:28 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Put all your extend Controller classes in the Main_controller class.

Whaddaya mean?

I use something like this

Code:
class Ueberblick extends MY_Controller{ ...}

in my controllers. Is that what you suggest?

(04-29-2016, 10:52 AM)ciadmin Wrote: If your prefix is Main_, then your base controller needs to be named Main_Controller

thanks, but my controller in application/core is named Main_Controller ...

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2016, 01:11 PM by ciadmin.)

(04-29-2016, 11:35 AM)raschid Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 10:52 AM)ciadmin Wrote: If your prefix is Main_, then your base controller needs to be named Main_Controller

Sorry, I misread you:

"exactly what the controller-file in application/core is named: Main_controller.php
Yes, with a lowercase c. "

to mean that yes, you used a lowercase "c".

I presume you are referring both to the filename and to the class defined inside it.

(This post was last modified: 04-29-2016, 01:16 PM by Wouter60.)

(04-29-2016, 11:35 AM)raschid Wrote:

Are you sure? Earlier you wrote that your controller is named Main_controller, with controller in lowercase. In Windows, this won't cause an error, because Windows is case-insensitive regarding file names. But on Linux, the file name should be Main_Controller.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB