Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter: Does it have facebook page

Hi All,

Just would like to know if codeigniter has a Facebook page?
There's only one rule - please don't tell anyone to go and read the manual.  Sometimes the manual just SUCKS!

No, we do not.

There *is* a "codeigniter" page on facebook, which is totally unofficial, out-of-date, and looking abandoned.
I tried to find out who is behind it, and send them a message asking them to relinquish the page name, 1.5 years ago, with no response. When time permits, I may pursue this with Facebook - I am sure they have some provision for such situations.

I think you will find Facebook (and twitter for that matter) completely unhelpful with this. Perhaps it has changed but I had a similar situation with my company name and nothing I did could get the name back or the page passed to me. In the end I had to go with some alteration of the name that was available, but as the page I wanted was clearly abandoned for years and never really used, it was incredibly frustrating.

Best wishes,

Paul.

(05-10-2016, 11:10 PM)wolfgang1983 Wrote: Hi All,

Just would like to know if codeigniter has a Facebook page?

Please seacrh on Facebook with key word "Codeigniter Indonesia".
That group still active and have lot of members.

It is good to see the CodeIgniter Indonesia page, even if it is not our "official" page Smile
I see there are other facebook pages for CodeIgniter Thailand and Australia - It is good to see the worldwide following!
Wink 

(05-11-2016, 06:25 AM)ciadmin Wrote: It is good to see the CodeIgniter Indonesia page, even if it is not our "official" page Smile
I see there are other facebook pages for CodeIgniter Thailand and Australia - It is good to see the worldwide following!

Codeigniter still have a lot of fans in Indonesia. I hope Codeigniter development continues and does not stop as other framework.   Wink

I own a social media management company with software built on Codeigniter and would love to be able to help out in anyway. Just let me know if I can be of assistance.

And also, 99% of the time Facebook/Twitter do not do anything about inactive accounts that are taking up names.
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB