Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Date, js pop up calendar buged in CI, and date formats

[eluser]Rubiz'[/eluser]
Hi...

I need make a form with date, and a pop up calendar; I cant implement it in js I got (http://dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex6/popcalendar2.htm) I cant understand exactly why it doesnt works. I click link and it returns me nothing.

Well I need help, I made a small search in here but I couldnt find anything really helpfull to me...

Than, I get this format of date 2008-03-02, than I need to format it in Sunday, 02 july 2008 (in my language, brazilian portuguese)...

Anyone could help me?

[eluser]ontguy[/eluser]
This link may help, there are mods that allow for the long date format:
http://www.yxscripts.com/xc2/index.html

[eluser]Rubiz'[/eluser]
Thanx ontguy, ît helps me with long date, but it doenst help me to implement the pop-up calendar...
when theres a pop up ALWAYS it have to be in view folder of ci? its really weird because it even opens the pop up with some kind of error...

It could be a problem with mac firefox ????

[eluser]ontguy[/eluser]
I think you're asking where the javascript for the calendar should be located.

Here's an example:

calling the javascript in a view
Code:
script type="text/javascript" src="<?=base_url()?>assets/calendar_pop.js"

the assets folder would be created in the same folder as your index.php
assets/calendar_pop.js

[eluser]Rubiz'[/eluser]
No, I have made this. Exactly... is just to test it outside CI it works soooo fine...
I think is bacause the url way CI works, try to implement it in simple page inside CI... it doent work

[eluser]ontguy[/eluser]
Are you getting javascript error when the page loads?

Please post the view, to see how the javascript is being called.

[eluser]Rubiz'[/eluser]
I'am in agency right now, I'll get home than I post it...
Thanx for help, one more time!

[eluser]Rubiz'[/eluser]
The call to js is right, I print the url and open it in browser successfuly.

Code:
<form name="sampleform">
                    &lt;input type="text" name="firstinput" size=20&gt; <small><a href="[removed]showCal('Calendar1')">Select Date</a></small>
                    <p>&lt;input type="text" name="secondinput" size=20&gt; <small><a href="[removed]showCal('Calendar2')">Select Date</a></small>
                    &lt;/form&gt;

This is the sample code that is pretty working outside ci.

Any Idea?

[eluser]mikeyhell[/eluser]
I had a problem getting this app to work also... I finally got it to pull up, but it seems all the CSS was ignored, even if I included it directly in my main stylesheet. When I would click on the field it would just popup in the absolute top left and worked fine but not the way i wanted it to... I gave up on it and moved on to another calendar b/c it seemed the js had issues and wasn't cleanly coded. Here's a list of alternatives:

http://www.ribosomatic.com/articulos/10-...avascript/

[eluser]Rubiz'[/eluser]
Thanx mikeyhell I got other calendar who doesnt opens pop up and it really worked too!!

So, what you have made to make that thing work???? I got really many time on it!!!

Thanx!!!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB