Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Modular Extensions - Version 4.3

[eluser]Avatar[/eluser]
would you say that is is best to load the modules via url in divs with scriptaculous or jquery or something. orhave a user module that does only user stuff and a home module and a admin module? I'm just trying to figure out how to really sturucture my app and how I will be passing data before I get really far into my app. TIA -A

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
For Ajax interaction I would create a seperate media controller accessible from the URL which accepts calls and selects and runs the appropriate module.

I would also have a public_controller with its modules to manage the website and a seperate admin_controller with its modules to manage the backend.

[eluser]xwero[/eluser]
Wiredesignz hold the updates for a while Tongue For you know it the version number gets into the thousands. You know after version 7 or 8 you have to hire a marketing team to sell your software and they come up with the most ridiculous names Smile

But seriously now you are changing peoples view on how to structure applications by being so committed to the library you create, i bow my head in the up most respect.

[eluser]Avatar[/eluser]
Yes, it it good. I can work it into any ci app. 100% yeah May I suggest version numbering in this form 4.1.1 small updated on the right rewrites in the center and major left I started ci since 1.3.1 and it has come a long way to 1.6.1 Thanks

[eluser]Avatar[/eluser]
what say you about adding a function to get the parent module name when loading a module from within a module with the directory structure below I have to modules::run('parent/modules/sibling/sibling') and it works can we add a check or a function to get parent and current module for this behavior ?
Code:
app/
    modules/
        parent/
            controllers/
                  parent.php
            modules/
                  sibling/
                      controllers/
                            sibling.php
Thank you so much for this great lib. It's the best I've found for ci in all 2 years I've used it. I only got 4 hours of sleep lasst night, but I googlemuch.com Smile

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
That seems to be a real impressive addition to CI !

I have some questions:

- You said in your first post that it is the same as Matchbox since version 3.0
But then witch one should we use really ? What are the differences ?

- I would like to know if it can be a good way to use your HMVC to handle some kind of "plugins" (components?) into a CMS for example?

- Is it too a good way to work with it as "reusable" components that we just "plug and play" into another application. Let's say for example I make a contact form as a module that will include the form view, the validation stuff and all the stuff that process email sending of the datas. Then can I just plug it (copy / past + some small config changes) into a next application in 2 minutes without pain?

@yingyes: You can alter the modules_helper as below to get the parent name:
Code:

foreach ($modules as $module => $config)
{            
    list($path, $module) = modules::path_to($module, $module, $base);

if (isset($this->$module))
    {
       return $this->$module;
     }

modules::_load_file($module, $path);

$_module = strtolower($module);    
    $this->$_module =& new $module($config);

$this->$_module->_parent = get_class($this); //set $this->_parent for each module

return $this->$_module;  
}
If you could explain your reason for needing this feature, I will add it to the next update.

[quote author="elitemedia" date="1204650277"]I have some questions:

- You said in your first post that it is the same as Matchbox since version 3.0
But then witch one should we use really ? What are the differences ?

- I would like to know if it can be a good way to use your HMVC to handle some kind of "plugins" (components?) into a CMS for example?

- Is it too a good way to work with it as "reusable" components that we just "plug and play" into another application. Let's say for example I make a contact form as a module that will include the form view, the validation stuff and all the stuff that process email sending of the datas. Then can I just plug it (copy / past + some small config changes) into a next application in 2 minutes without pain?[/quote]

A few of the differences in Modular Extensions compared to Matchbox are:

Modules are not yet aware of the URL unless you make them so, they still require you to use a controller.

Modules can be used in views to build partials totally independent of the main application.

Yes, plug and play is the idea, making reusable modules as components to move to new applications.

Modules can share libraries, models, views etc with the application and with each other.

Modules can load and use other modules and so on.

Modular Extensions does not alter the CodeIgniter core.

[eluser]Référencement Google[/eluser]
Thanks wiredesignz for the answer. Then the next we can do is a website that will act like a repository for independant modules, what do you think about this idea?

I like the idea very much. Thanks elitemedia Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB