Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
enable ini_set() in production live server

please help me i stuck in setting up the server. my hosting provider refused me to enable ini_set. I tried by placing custom php.ini file in public_html as "disable_functions =" even though i got the same error

(06-20-2016, 03:51 AM)vctc92 Wrote: please help me i stuck in setting up the server. my hosting provider refused me to enable ini_set. I tried by placing custom php.ini file in public_html as "disable_functions =" even though i got the same error

I think they disabled it for security reasons. I don't think there's a way you can override shared hosting restrictions. You may try to buy your own VPS if you were use it in production or much better to setup your own server and set your own limitations.
God Bless CI Contributors Smile

(This post was last modified: 06-20-2016, 08:10 AM by behrooz1x.)

Exactly marksman ,Only with change 'php.ini' file you can solve your problem. 'httaccess' or other methods doesn't work.

View this page:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18650...-functions

RankUP

(06-20-2016, 07:55 AM)marksman Wrote:
(06-20-2016, 03:51 AM)vctc92 Wrote: please help me i stuck in setting up the server. my hosting provider refused me to enable ini_set. I tried by placing custom php.ini file in public_html as "disable_functions =" even though i got the same error

I think they disabled it for security reasons. I don't think there's a way you can override shared hosting restrictions. You may try to buy your own VPS if you were use it in production or much better to setup your own server and set your own limitations.

And disabling ini_set() means that they don't know shit about PHP and how to make a proper environment with it.

Switch to another hosting provider. There's literally no framework that doesn't use ini_set() today.

I have one idea If i remove or comment the ini_set() in my codeigniter files - Is that solves me my problem.
Because I completed my full project and needs to host .
I have another question if I move to Laravel from my next project does it has the same ini_set() issue or only codeigniter is sticking with this problem.
Thank u guys for ur replies

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB