Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why upgrade at all?

Because it has a lot of security fixes (this one is the most important). A week ago I finished upgrading a website from CI 2.x.x to CI 3.0.1. It takes approximate 5 working days. Not hard as what I thought at beginning.

So yeah, you should.

And do not forget to prepare for CI4.

(08-02-2016, 10:17 PM)mokalovesoulmate Wrote: Because it has a lot of security fixes (this one is the most important). A week ago I finished upgrading a website from CI 2.x.x to CI 3.0.1. It takes approximate 5 working days. Not hard as what I thought at beginning.

So yeah, you should.

5 working days?! It takes 5 hours tops.

(08-03-2016, 01:09 AM)Narf Wrote:
(08-02-2016, 10:17 PM)mokalovesoulmate Wrote: Because it has a lot of security fixes (this one is the most important). A week ago I finished upgrading a website from CI 2.x.x to CI 3.0.1. It takes approximate 5 working days. Not hard as what I thought at beginning.

So yeah, you should.

5 working days?! It takes 5 hours tops.

Includes tests, man Big Grin   anyway I meant 3.1.0, not 3.0.1. Plus there is some codes which uses native PHP (example, $sql instead of CI's active record) so now almost all codes are ported with CI style.

A project with millions of line of code which 5 million lines were made by one person? Wow... Lol

That sounds dirty... Are you writing code without writing any function or class? Tongue

it's a hell lot better!

(08-04-2016, 01:07 AM)Ivo Miranda Wrote: A project with millions of line of code which 5 million lines were made by one person? Wow... Lol

That sounds dirty... Are you writing code without writing any function or class? Tongue

Hah no we're a startup and I'm the CTO. I built the product by myself for the first year and a half Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB