Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Introducing Around Singles - dating site for local singles
Heart 

Hi everybody,

I'm pleased to introduce my project to the CodeIgniter community. Around Singles is a dating site for local singles:

https://www.aroundsingles.com

I have been working on this project for more than a year now. Core technologies are:

- CI 3
- MySQL
- Bootstrap
- jQuery

Your feedback is much appreciated Smile

Very nice. I would have it so that if you fill out the homepage "I am a man seeking a woman" and date of birth stuff, that the next page it submits to shows at least 4-6 images saying something like 'these people and a whole lot more could be waiting to meet you' or something similar. To jump to the immediate massive details form is a bit presumptive. After all I have just given you some info so you should give me something back first. Or replace that whole box (as it implies a preview of local results) with a register or open an account today button.

The first question anyone will want answering is how many people are registered in my local area. So that homepage box could be a postcode box and 'looking for' and the landing page would say '106 Women within 20 miles of you are waiting to see your profile' or similar.

It also does not answer the question of 'How it works' very well. What will I see when I see results. What will I know about the people, what info will I see? How will I contact them? Have they been audited in any way? Can I contact them all? Those sample people for instance, could take me to a sample profile page. Or a sample results page as if I were logged in.

Also, you should change it so that opening an account is just the username and password stuff, quick and easy. Then you can do the 'Create your profile' pages once a user has joined. You might get a lot more email addresses that way which you can then market too 'Why not finish your profile?'.

Nice logo. Great homepage photo.

Good luck with it,

Paul.

(08-19-2016, 01:08 PM)ronaldv Wrote: Hi everybody,

I'm pleased to introduce my project to the CodeIgniter community. Around Singles is a dating site for local singles:

https://www.aroundsingles.com

I have been working on this project for more than a year now. Core technologies are:

- CI 3
- MySQL
- Bootstrap
- jQuery

Your feedback is much appreciated Smile

Great job!

I would test it out if I didn't risk the chance of getting murdered by my girlfriend! Smile
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

@paul Thank you very much for the review! for sure I’ll try some of your ideas! Smile

@albertleao You better don’t mess with your girlfriend Wink but you could have still commented without registering, things like design, layout, texts, etc.

I would suggest mixing up the profile pictures you display on your main page. I don't know if it's rotating, but every time I go there, it's all dudes!
Codeigniter is simply one of the tools you need to learn to be a successful developer. Always add more tools to your coding arsenal!

(08-22-2016, 08:26 PM)albertleao Wrote: I would suggest mixing up the profile pictures you display on your main page. I don't know if it's rotating, but every time I go there, it's all dudes!

Thanks for the good suggestion! I’ve fixed it!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB