Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Site runs on LOCALHOST but not on remote site

Hi there.

I have got my site nicely running on my localhost running under AMPPS on my Mac. All is well. Loving CI especially after previous help rendered by helpful members of this forum!

However, I have tried to get the site running on the remote server, and nothing comes up at all.

I have put debug message calls into core/codeigniter.php and all the app paths and sys paths and BASEPATH seem to be correct.

index.php seems to be set up correctly, and the call into core/codeigniter.php works.

The code there correctly gets the first controller name and then tries to call $CI = new $class(); at line 504 in core/codeigniter.php

All seems to go very quiet at that point. Nothing is rendered at all.

Could anyone help with this?

Yours,

JB

If you only see some blank page, you should turn on error reporting and start debugging from there.

I'm guessing the database extension (driver) you're trying to use is not available on the server.

Thanks guys.

I've turned on the Error Reporting and it appears I don't have Bcrypt running on my server - so that's a start!

Thanks for your help!

... that's some old-ass server. I'd suggest switching your hosting provider.

Totally agree with Narf, stay away from that hoster.
Anybody offering a server without bCrypt does not know what they are doing.
On the package it said needs Windows 7 or better. So I installed Linux.

Hi guys, thanks for all your posts.

Turns out you can set different versions of PHP on the server, and I had an old version of PHP running. I set it to a new version and the problem was solved.

Thanks again. Much appreciated.

JB

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB