Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Variable in MY_Controller

[eluser]Kemik[/eluser]
Your telling me to read the user guide because I missed $this->load->vars()? I'm sure many people miss one or two things now and then.

[eluser]webthink[/eluser]
Sorry didn't mean to offend but it just seemed from your questions that you were missing the fundamentals of how controllers interact with views and then later on asked how controllers interact with models (how do i use the data in an sql query?).

To be fair I hadn't actually checked the manual for examples and on looking further there isn't actually a good basic working example of how the three main components Model, View, and Controller all fit together. There probably should be. If you have a look at the video tutorials here http://codeigniter.com/tutorials/ though you'll get a good overview of how it all works.

cheers

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
The user guide is a nightmare for newbies trying to understand MVC.

[eluser]webthink[/eluser]
Yeah seeing that now. Apologies to Kemik. I should have RTFM or lack thereof before piping up.

[eluser]Kemik[/eluser]
[quote author="webthink" date="1204738679"]Sorry didn't mean to offend but it just seemed from your questions that you were missing the fundamentals of how controllers interact with views and then later on asked how controllers interact with models (how do i use the data in an sql query?).

To be fair I hadn't actually checked the manual for examples and on looking further there isn't actually a good basic working example of how the three main components Model, View, and Controller all fit together. There probably should be. If you have a look at the video tutorials here http://codeigniter.com/tutorials/ though you'll get a good overview of how it all works.

cheers[/quote]

Sorry if I over complicated my earlier post. I know all about how to create sql queries in models, pass data to views from the controller, etc. I was just having problems getting data from the extended controller to the view. It's all fixed now with the function Derek suggested.

Looks like I've given the wrong impression :p

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB