Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Form field with dynamic id validation

How can i validate fields with names like this

Code:
<select name="mechanic_134" id="mechanic-134" class="form-control selectpicker">

mechanic_ is the general field name &  134 is a id i am getting from database. there are more fields to come like mechanic_135........mechanic_150.

i want to know how can i validate this field with dynamic id. please show it in code level. how it is done in controller & how the error output in view

Thanks.

You can check whether the request method is 'post'. If so, take the posted data into an array. Then scan the array for keys that begin with 'mechanic_'. For the detected such keys make the corresponding validation rules and register them. After that you can call if $this->form_validation->run() { ... } else { ... }

(08-26-2016, 10:48 PM)ivantcholakov Wrote: You can check whether the request method is 'post'. If so, take the posted data into an array. Then scan the array for keys that begin with 'mechanic_'. For the detected such keys make the corresponding validation rules and register them. After that you can call if $this->form_validation->run() { ... } else { ... }

could you please show this in code level

No, you should do this.

so i could be wrong but i think it could be something like this - say if you are doing it in a form validation array,
and somehow you get the id in there - which keep in mind could be in a hidden form field

PHP Code:
           array(

$fieldname 'mechanic_' $theid 

'field' =>  $fieldname,

'label' => 'Mechanic',

'rules' => 'trim|required|max_length[100]'

), 

also keep in mind that you can do form validation in separate methods - so for example you could check that the ID is valid before validating the mechanic field, etc

(08-26-2016, 10:00 PM)greenarrow Wrote: How can i validate fields with names like this

Code:
<select name="mechanic_134" id="mechanic-134" class="form-control selectpicker">

mechanic_ is the general field name &  134 is a id i am getting from database. there are more fields to come like mechanic_135........mechanic_150.

i want to know how can i validate this field with dynamic id. please show it in code level. how it is done in controller & how the error output in view

Thanks.

Use foreach to check the indexes of all post data.

Controller:
PHP Code:
function validate()
{

$rules = array();

foreach($this->input->post() as $name => $value)

{

if(strpos($name, 'mechanic_') !== false)

{

$rules[] = array(

'field' => $name,

'label' => [some label],

'rules' => [some rules]

);

}

}

// set_rules can accept multi-dimensional array

$this->form_validation->set_rules($rules);

Views:
<?php echo  form_error('mechanic_134') ?>
[Just a programmer] Cool [/Just a programmer]

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB