Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Email library 3.1.0 attach bug

(This post was last modified: 09-27-2016, 12:34 AM by martinv. Edit Reason: duplicate thread )

There seems to be a bug in the 3.1.0 version of the email library
Email with attachments is not properly compiled,
an empty line between attachment headers and attachment data is not always added
making the attachment inaccessible.

The error is in: system->libraries->Email.php
function: _append_attachments

I have attached the library with a fix, (starting from line 1467), seems to be working for me now

EDIT:
This is already discussed at http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-66098.html
For some reason i missed it and googling for the subject for days i did not find anything,
google does not seem to find stuff from this forum properly...

Attached Files
.php   Email.php (Size: 52.29 KB / Downloads: 124)

Number one, you should never ever edit a CodeIgniter system file!

If you think you have found an error report it to the development team on GitHub Issues.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(09-27-2016, 04:22 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: If you think you have found an error report it to the development team on GitHub Issues.

This has already been reported numerous times, both here and on GitHub, and we have a patch ready for the next release.
Original report: https://github.com/bcit-ci/CodeIgniter/issues/4739

(09-27-2016, 04:22 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Number one, you should never ever edit a CodeIgniter system file!

Is there a better solution when:
- i need to have my applications working properly!
- i have numerous applications sharing the same system folder, some with unique MY_Email.php in the application libraries? Putting the fixed _append_attachments function in each one of them? What a mess that would be...

Whats the point of open source when i can NEVER EVER edit some files Big Grin

Like i said, the subject somehow slipped my eyes in this forum (not really using github) and i now know that i should have included "3.1.0" in my google search query, because whatever variant of "Codeigniter email attach problem/not working" gave only results from the year 2014 and earlier.

(09-27-2016, 04:22 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Number one, you should never ever edit a CodeIgniter system file!

If you think you have found an error report it to the development team on GitHub Issues.

Well CI was constructed in a way by Ellis Lab that you can throw in a CI lib replacement using the MY-Prefix so I don´t see the problem there if you do not actually edit the sytem lib. Besides that I get martinv's point that you don´t really find anything about the subject using Google which you would expect considering that there is a major defect in a system lib. For us (relying heavily on CI for numerous applications for years) it is the first time that I had to explain to a client why his report attachments were not accessible. I suggest better quality management and - more importantly since mistakes can and will happen easily - a better way of communicating such problems for people who actually look for codeigniter issues on codeigniter.com. So BCIT, maybe there is a way of addressing such issues in a more "Hey community there is a problem so just that you know" kind of way. Or am I missing something?

(10-19-2016, 10:33 PM)arunzer Wrote:

Well CI was constructed in a way by Ellis Lab that you can throw in a CI lib replacement using the MY-Prefix so I don´t see the problem there if you do not actually edit the sytem lib. Besides that I get martinv's point that you don´t really find anything about the subject using Google which you would expect considering that there is a major defect in a system lib. For us (relying heavily on CI for numerous applications for years) it is the first time that I had to explain to a client why his report attachments were not accessible. I suggest better quality management and - more importantly since mistakes can and will happen easily - a better way of communicating such problems for people who actually look for codeigniter issues on codeigniter.com. So BCIT, maybe there is a way of addressing such issues in a more "Hey community there is a problem so just that you know" kind of way. Or am I missing something?

Hey, community, BCIT only formally owns the copyright.
CodeIgniter is a free, public, community-maintained project, not a corporate one.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB