Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
set_value() in CI3 has issues with input arrays
Exclamation 

In Codeigniter 2 our forms were able to have

PHP Code:
<input type="text" name="options[]" value="<?php echo set_value('options[]'); ?>" size="50" />
<
input type="text" name="options[]" value="<?php echo set_value('options[]'); ?>" size="50" /> 
and each one would be populated from POST without an issue. With Codeigniter 3, all our forms that did that are now broken and I have to manually put in [0],[1],[2],etc for each form field's set_value(). Was this an intentional change or am I missing something that needed to be changed from CI2 to CI3?

The error
PHP Code:
A PHP Error was encountered
Severity
Notice

I did look at the form_helper from CI2 and I saw it parsed out the values if it saw an array and returned them differently than they are being done in CI3.

hi - hey i can confirm this does work for me in CI 3 so there must be something else going on. Are you using CI form validation? Are you sure you have 'field' => 'options[]' in the form validation? Are you sure you are loading form helper? If none of those things solve it then try naming the field something different then 'options' - maybe you have a conflict. And if that does not work then post more of your code and the specific error messages you are getting.

(10-14-2016, 02:04 PM)cartalot Wrote: hi - hey i can confirm this does work for me in CI 3 so there must be something else going on. Are you using CI form validation? Are you sure you have 'field' => 'options[]' in the form validation? Are you sure you are loading form helper? If none of those things solve it then try naming the field something different then 'options' - maybe you have a conflict. And if that does not work then post more of your code and the specific error messages you are getting.

Not sure what you mean by 'field' => 'options[]'?

I use
PHP Code:
$this->form_validation->set_rules('options[]''Options''required'); 

I'm referencing https://www.codeigniter.com/userguide3/l...ield-names for this post by the way. Also, there is no other error messages, it's just that set_value() returns the whole array instead of the individual fields. Also, I'm using form_validation obviously and form_helper is loaded automatically(unless this changed in CI3) when you load that library.

(This post was last modified: 10-16-2016, 10:52 AM by cartalot.)

i think you do need to load the form helper - or at least it shows doing that in the form validation example in the manual.
https://www.codeigniter.com/userguide3/l...controller
personally i would just autoload form helper and url helper in: application/config/autoload
then you don't have to worry about it.

(10-16-2016, 10:50 AM)cartalot Wrote: i think you do need to load the form helper - or at least it shows doing that in the form validation example in the manual.
https://www.codeigniter.com/userguide3/l...controller
personally i would just autoload form helper and url helper in: application/config/autoload
then you don't have to worry about it.

Already I have done everything in previous as your instruction but till now not working.  
And Getting error till now . Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Check your PHP version and make sure your running PHP 5.6 or newer.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB