Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI 3.1.0 Email Lib producting empty attachments

Hi.

I was recently upgrading an application to CI 3.1.0. Since that the mail reports that are generated via cronjob by that application and usually contain an excel file as attachment show said attachment as an empty file. Rolling back to the email lib of CI 3.0.4 (replacing the one in 3.1.0 keeping 3.1.0 otherwise intact) solved the issue. Can someone take a look at this?

Thanks.

A. Runzer

I have the same.
The problem has already been reported, e.g. here:
http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-6624...attachment

I see a lot of discussions about this subject. One user has modified the core email library, and was rather heavily criticised for that. Nevertheless, I've installed that fix also, because there is no 3.1.1 yet that fixes this.

(This post was last modified: 10-19-2016, 10:22 PM by arunzer. Edit Reason: Typo )

(10-19-2016, 12:44 PM)Wouter60 Wrote: I have the same.

I see a lot of discussions about this subject. One user has modified the core email library, and was rather heavily criticised for that. Nevertheless, I've installed that fix also, because there is no 3.1.1 yet that fixes this.

Hey Wouter60,

thanks for clarifying. I did not really find anything about it google-wise so I used the forum. I will suggest to BCIT to do something more obvious than github when screwing up a core lib in the future - if possible Wink

(10-19-2016, 10:21 PM)arunzer Wrote:
(10-19-2016, 12:44 PM)Wouter60 Wrote: I have the same.

Hey Wouter60,

thanks for clarifying. I did not really find anything about it google-wise so I used the forum. I will suggest to BCIT to do something more obvious than github when screwing up a core lib in the future - if possible Wink

BCIT doesn't do this.
I do, and I'm lazy.

(This post was last modified: 10-20-2016, 02:58 AM by InsiteFX.)

Your not lazy Narf, some people just want everything right now.

They should see how EllisLab use to maintain CodeIgniter.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(10-20-2016, 02:58 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Your not lazy Narf, some people just want everything right now.

They should see how EllisLab use to maintain CodeIgniter.

EllisLab may've put some bureaucracy in the process in the sense that critical decisions had to go through them, but other than that it was pretty much the same thing - people's expectations about them was the real problem.
They did the right thing when they decided to give it to someone else, yet instead of praising them, people lost their collective shit.

Stop worrying about the formal owners, a community project is maintained by a community.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB