Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Using redis to store sessions

Hi

Using php7 FPM, CodeIgniter 3.1.2, Redis 3.0.3.

After struggling for few hours finding the best setup for using Redis as store engine for sessions I find myself even more confused.
I have tried the following setups, and I will be glad if you have some insights of how this should be working.

Setup 1: 
codeignier config
PHP Code:
$config['sess_driver'         'redis';
$config['sess_save_path'      'tcp://redis_server_ip:server_port?auth=password&database=0&timeout=604800'

php.ini as left with default configuration.
used session_write_close() immediately after updating session data.

Result: 
Codeigniter is using Redis for storing sessions but then I came across this error on heavy ajax pages:
Session: Session: Error while trying to free lock for ci_session:cq399b646bc6lstdhrcrb69k7nvu42r8:lock
I understand the logic and need of lock mechanism but anyway, it seems like CodeIgniter is not handling multiple ajax requests simultaneously.

Setup 2:
codeignier config
PHP Code:
$config['sess_driver'         'files'

php.ini 
Code:
session.save_handler = redis
session.save_path = "tcp://redis_server_ip:server_port?auth=password&database=0&timeout=604800"

Result:
nothing works!
I get the following error: 
Message: is_dir(): Unable to find the wrapper "tcp" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?
Filename: drivers/Session_files_driver.php
Line Number: 134

Do you guys have any idea of what should be the best way to use redis for storing sessions?

(11-01-2016, 01:17 PM)eranhazout Wrote: Hi

Using php7 FPM, CodeIgniter 3.1.2, Redis 3.0.3.

After struggling for few hours finding the best setup for using Redis as store engine for sessions I find myself even more confused.
I have tried the following setups, and I will be glad if you have some insights of how this should be working.

Setup 1: 
codeignier config
PHP Code:
$config['sess_driver'         'redis';
$config['sess_save_path'      'tcp://redis_server_ip:server_port?auth=password&database=0&timeout=604800'

php.ini as left with default configuration.
used session_write_close() immediately after updating session data.

Result: 
Codeigniter is using Redis for storing sessions but then I came across this error on heavy ajax pages:
Session: Session: Error while trying to free lock for ci_session:cq399b646bc6lstdhrcrb69k7nvu42r8:lock
I understand the logic and need of lock mechanism but anyway, it seems like CodeIgniter is not handling multiple ajax requests simultaneously.

That's the entire point of locking.

(11-01-2016, 01:17 PM)eranhazout Wrote: Setup 2:
codeignier config
PHP Code:
$config['sess_driver'         'files'

php.ini 
Code:
session.save_handler = redis
session.save_path = "tcp://redis_server_ip:server_port?auth=password&database=0&timeout=604800"

Result:
nothing works!
I get the following error: 
Message: is_dir(): Unable to find the wrapper "tcp" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?
Filename: drivers/Session_files_driver.php
Line Number: 134

This can't possibly work ...

Ok, So any other way to make it work and support simultaneous ajax requests?

Ok, I have already created my custom session library.
I will publish it on github soon.
Thanks

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB