(12-02-2016, 04:15 AM)sheenam Wrote: Hi all,

i wana know why does one put 
what does this line means?

"$mysecret = 'galua.mugda'; "

and encrypt it:-

$key = sha1($mysecret . $email);

Thanks and Regards,

Sheenam Koul
Short answers is to make sure that $email is not changed or corrupted on the way from sender to receiver. There are attacks that does it such as "man in the middle".  Sender and Receiver both know the secret key ($mysecret). Sender sends data ($email) itself and message digest ($key). When receiver receives message he checks if data is changed or not by performing same operation $key = sha1($mysecret . $email); and comparing computed $key with the one he received. 
You need to research for further information. Search using "message authentication codes" or "message digest"

hashing & $mysecret is your salt
Keep calm.

(12-02-2016, 04:55 AM)neuron Wrote:
(12-02-2016, 04:15 AM)sheenam Wrote: Hi all,

i wana know why does one put 
what does this line means?

"$mysecret = 'galua.mugda'; "

and encrypt it:-

$key = sha1($mysecret . $email);

Thanks and Regards,

Sheenam Koul
Short answers is to make sure that $email is not changed or corrupted on the way from sender to receiver. There are attacks that does it such as "man in the middle".  Sender and Receiver both know the secret key ($mysecret). Sender sends data ($email) itself and message digest ($key). When receiver receives message he checks if data is changed or not by performing same operation $key = sha1($mysecret . $email); and comparing computed $key with the one he received. 
You need to research for further information. Search using "message authentication codes" or "message digest"

thanku so much dear. Smile

(12-02-2016, 07:47 AM)arma7x Wrote: hashing & $mysecret is your salt

thanku so much Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB