Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to Get Banned

@ciadmin

I too appreciate your consistency in this annoying matter. [Quick question] Are you manually checking these accounts or are you using a tool to assist you? Just wondering...

(04-07-2017, 04:57 AM)php_rocs Wrote: @ciadmin

I too appreciate your consistency in this annoying matter.  [Quick question] Are you manually checking these accounts or are you using a tool to assist you? Just wondering...

It's mostly manual Sad
The forum app does provide a list of posts from new users, which helps. I also go through all the new users myself, looking for "tells", and periodically dive through the database looking for candidates who warrant a deeper look.

It takes 5-15 minutes per sweep, depending on the activity, and I do it several times a day. It would probably be possible to automate a lot of that, but life is too short to invest in that, given the long list of higher priority things to do Smile

Great to see someone actively watching out for spammers Smile Appreciated too!

59 in April, or just shy of 2 each day Sad

This has been an interesting experiment, but it hasn't slowed down the spam.
I'm going to just purge spammers without notice.

Cheers!

Darn, and just when I was going to advertise some bridges in Arizona...
Keep up the good work, the forum remains useful because of your efforts.
CI 3.1 Kubuntu 19.04 Apache 5.x  Mysql 5.x PHP 5.x PHP 7.x
Remember: Obfuscation is a bad thing.
Clarity is desirable over Brevity every time.

(05-01-2017, 08:10 AM)twpmarketing Wrote: Darn, and just when I was going to advertise some bridges in Arizona...
Keep up the good work, the forum remains useful because of your efforts.

I'll still purge Arizona bridge posts, but there won't be a public shaming Undecided

Thank you so much.
It will help us getting out from span .

I noticed that my signature is having `no follow` attributes to its links. Maybe we need to add no follow to every link (except like internal and other whitelisted links). This will will drive away SEO spammers.

(11-11-2017, 09:59 AM)reillo Wrote: I noticed that my signature is having `no follow` attributes to its links. Maybe we need to add no follow to every link (except like internal and other whitelisted links). This will will drive away SEO spammers.

Great idea, but I don't see a way to configure that in MyBB. I am not aware of 'no follow' links being added to anyone's signature links automatically.

ok, pro

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB