01-03-2017, 01:33 PM
What has been accomplished during the second half of 2016:
- Development continues on CodeIgniter 4, slowly but steadily. The number of contributors is slowly growing, and there is lots of interest and testing. Some things wrapped up recently: expanded command line usage, using PHP's built-in server, and the API Response trait for consistency.
- We have published three updates to CodeIgniter 3 - 3.1.0 in July, and 3.1.1 & 3.1.2 in October; each of these has contained security patches, bug fixes and enhancements.
- Our forum continues to grow, with over 7600 users now registered (up 1000 from the last progress update). Including the archives, we now have over 65,000 threads. Keeping the forum free of spam and spammers continues.
- Our main repository now has 6,620 forks, and Twitter followers continue to increase.
- Most (81%) of our website and forum traffic is being handled using SSL
- Our forum software has not been updated to phpBB ... no time
- Phase 2 of CodeIgniter 4 is under active development. Recent work has focused on the Queue and Email classes, and cleaning up the Debug Toolbar. How can you help? We are looking to expand the supported databases, and to tackle internationalization/localization.
- We continue to investigate and fix issues with CodeIgniter 3.
- There will some "office hours" coming up over the next week, Jan 6-7.
- We are planning a 3.1.3 release soon, with bug fixes & enhancements.
- We are planning a 3.2.0 release in the spring, cleaning up things.
- We hope to finish phase 2 of the CodeIgniter 4 alpha. NO, we do not have a release date (planned, anticipated, guaranteed or otherwise), so please don't ask again! We will announce any release when it is time!