Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to use Forge Class to create a database schema?

(01-20-2017, 10:36 AM)qury Wrote: if the application is on a standalone client (kiosk) is there a need to access the database simultaneously by multiple processes?

If not, you could create an sqlite db file and use that as a database and pack that with your program.

Yes, beacuse it is around 50 kioskes and around 20 gate colletors that will use the same application at same time, both with REST Service.

Even in that case you are right and I could use SQLite or even a batch script with MySQL Dump to create the database, but the beauty in use Forge Class is to keep the application flexible to use another data base, once that it may grown up too fast.

I think in near future, even one instance of MySQL could not be enought, in that case, perhaps the use of MS-SQL or Oracle will be applied, it would be great be payed for that upgrade, but I would rather do it once good enough to this scenario too.

Thanks for the help!

I think the only way to do it with Forge Class is the one I did in first post, but some nice alternatives was posted, so as soon I discovery how to close this topic, I will do it.

Thanks all for the new light to this problem.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB