Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion_auth remember me IE 11

I've come accross a very strange behaviour of IE 11 together with the fabulous Ion_auth library.
On my login pages (on 4 different websites) I have a "Remember me" checkbox. I leave it unchecked. On localhost, if I close the browser - IE 11 - without logging out, it forces me to login again at my next visit. That's how it should be.
On the live versions (hosted) however, IE 11 will log me in automatically, even when "Remember me" was unchecked.
I tried the same in Chrome. That browser doesn't remember me unwantedly.
Anyone who can explain this?

(01-19-2017, 09:49 AM)Wouter60 Wrote: I've come accross a very strange behaviour of IE 11 together with the fabulous Ion_auth library.
On my login pages (on 4 different websites) I have a "Remember me" checkbox. I leave it unchecked. On localhost, if I close the browser - IE 11 - without logging out, it forces me to login again at my next visit. That's how it should be.
On the live versions (hosted) however, IE 11 will log me in automatically, even when "Remember me" was unchecked.
I tried the same in Chrome. That browser doesn't remember me unwantedly.
Anyone who can explain this?

What are your CI session config settings?

(01-19-2017, 01:13 PM)skunkbad Wrote: What are your CI session config settings?
PHP Code:
$config['sess_driver'] = 'database';
$config['sess_cookie_name'] = 'ci_session';
$config['sess_expiration'] = 0;
$config['sess_save_path'] = 'ci_sessions';
$config['sess_match_ip'] = FALSE;
$config['sess_time_to_update'] = 300;
$config['sess_regenerate_destroy'] = FALSE;
$config['sess_expire_on_close'] = TRUE

(This post was last modified: 01-20-2017, 02:38 AM by Khanh Minh.)

$config['sess_expiration'] = 600;

The documentation says this about sess_expiration:

"The number of seconds you would like the session to last. If you would like a non-expiring session (until browser is closed) set the value to zero: 0."

That's why I use 0.

(01-20-2017, 02:59 AM)Wouter60 Wrote: The documentation says this about sess_expiration:

"The number of seconds you would like the session to last. If you would like a non-expiring session (until browser is closed) set the value to zero: 0."

That's why I use 0.
if you set value 0 when you close brower  CI dont save sesssion for you 

(01-20-2017, 03:02 AM)Khanh Minh Wrote: if you set value 0 when you close brower  CI dont save sesssion for you 
I know, but something else does!!! I tried setting sess_expiration to 3600 (1 hour). I closed the browser, opened my website after more than 1 hour, and it logs me into Ion_auth as if I had checked the 'remember me' option. Which I didn't! For some reason, my web browsers is keeping the session active, regardless of my CI settings.
Checked it on another computer also (same browser). No problem at all. It really puzzles me.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB