Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Help!! I am new at this.

I have an eCommerce site that I had developed in India. To say the least it has a lot of things I want lacking and to get anything changed cost me more money.  As the saying goes if you want it done right, do it yourself. I have done other programming but am new to CodeIgniter.  My first problem is loading the products on my site. They made it where I can inport/export a CVS file to the product list, but when I try to update it with later information I get a duplicate error message. Also, I want to be able to delete all the existing product information.  2. I want to be able to manage the user login database. I need to be able to manage all the databases. I also want to be able to change the look of the homepage. I had them add a product search bar, but all it does is to list the categories by the search work. But first before anything I need to save the program before I screw it up and lose everything. So if someone will direct me to how to back up the program so it will be secure from corruption then I will start the next step. Whatever that is. Thanks for your Patience with this Newby.

(This post was last modified: 12-13-2017, 11:08 PM by Wouter60.)

To create a back-up of your application: ask the current developers for the source code, not just the application folder, but also css and javascript files and other assets like pictures and icons. Otherwise, you need the ftp credentials for access to the website files. Download all files to your computer. In that case, you also have a back-up of all additional files (documents, uploaded files etc.).
And very important: create a back-up of the database(s) your website depends on. If it's MySQL, you must log in to PhpMyAdmin and export the database to an SQL file. If anything goes wrong, you can restore the database.

Wink  Thank you Woute60 for the reply. I have a backup via FPT.

Now how do I find the database to clear the products and manage the users.

You would need their MySQL Database login and password to view the Database Tables.

Which you would also need to add it to the CodeIgniter Database config.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB