Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
This site can’t be reached

Hi!

I have a big problem. When I move my CI app to a live server, I get this error:

This site can’t be reached
www.xenapedia.com refused to connect.
Try: ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Huh

I have tried all solutions I found online, but nothing helped.

Have anyone had the same problem and managed to solved it? 
Thanks Smile

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2017, 10:45 AM by ignitedcms.)

I would start trouble shooting by going into the index.php file at the root of your folder and changing the variable from production to development.

Make sure you php errors are turned on. Could be anything from refused db connection, wrong details on server, to site url, issues with codeigniter sessions.
Practical guide to IgnitedCMS - Book coming soon, www.ignitedcms.com

The error messaage you copy pasted indicates a network issue. The browser cannot connect to the server.
Could be a DNS issue (domain points to the wrong IP), server is down (whole server or just apache), local or remote firewall or some routing issues could be happening where you have no controll over. For those situations it's always handy to use some online tools to see if your site is reachable from their. Like www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com for example.

For me the domain xenapedia.com resolves good and I see some general PHP warnings/errors that need to be worked out, but at least no connection issues.

(02-20-2017, 10:45 AM)ignitedcms Wrote: I would start trouble shooting by going into the index.php file at the root of your folder and changing the variable from production to development.

Make sure you php errors are turned on. Could be anything from refused db connection, wrong details on server, to site url, issues with codeigniter sessions.

Hi!

Index.php was already on development. The db is connected properly. I have no idea why is not working... how can I check wrong details on server?

(02-20-2017, 12:45 PM)Diederik Wrote: The error messaage you copy pasted indicates a network issue. The browser cannot connect to the server.
Could be a DNS issue (domain points to the wrong IP), server is down (whole server or just apache), local or remote firewall or some routing issues could be happening where you have no controll over. For those situations it's always handy to use some online tools to see if your site is reachable from their. Like www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com for example.

For me the domain xenapedia.com resolves good and I see some general PHP warnings/errors that need to be worked out, but at least no connection issues.

I went on www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com to check my domail. Why I can not see php errors?  Confused  I have no idea what to do now... Sad

The error this site can't be reached problem is usually generated mostly if you don't have a connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be triggered by a dead DNS server response or a firewall blocking the Google Chrome from locating the network. DNS is that network address that translates the website name to its internet address. Another reason could be the firewall preventing Google Chrome to load the webpage. In order to fix this “connection” error, there are a few simple steps that you could apply, such as:
  • Clear your browser cache.
  • Reset your IP address & flush the DNS cache.
  • Check proxy settings.
  • Disable your firewall.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB